Is St David Moyes Now A Bad Manager?

It was proved a couple of seasons ago without Cahill they aint the same side seems similar is happening without Arteta. I know they are key players but they should be able to cope with losing them better than they do, and for me that is poor management that they don't

The money myth doesnt wash. He has bought Heitinga, Distin, Fellani and the Russian lad (whose name i cant say or spell)... hardly a shoestring.

Is a Manager judged solely on the here and now? Maybe he has run out of ideas?
Is it possible for a good manager to turn bad?

P.s Couldnt think of anything worse than Moyes at City.

moomba said:
Not a bad manager, but made an awful hash of things in the summer.

I suspect he hasn't got long left for that job, and his departure might be the best thing for both parties.

Yep...he wasted so much time with the lescott saga that he could have spent better with the proceeds with more time to do so.

I don't think he's a bad manager, but wouldn't want him at City.

But I do know he's a nice guy - I had the pleasure of sitting next to him on a flight to Prague a year or so back when he was on a scouting mission to see Slavia play.

I didn't want to speak really cos I felt uncomfortable - so he started the conversation, covering football, our families, me living in Prague - you name it he spoke about it - Top Bloke.

I travelled many times with Baros, Berger and Smicer too and they were all great guys - even met Baros' wife once and she's a cracker.

mcfcinprague said:
I don't think he's a bad manager, but wouldn't want him at City.

But I do know he's a nice guy - I had the pleasure of sitting next to him on a flight to Prague a year or so back when he was on a scouting mission to see Slavia play.

I didn't want to speak really cos I felt uncomfortable - so he started the conversation, covering football, our families, me living in Prague - you name it he spoke about it - Top Bloke.

I travelled many times with Baros, Berger and Smicer too and they were all great guys - even met Baros' wife once and she's a cracker.
Berger's a top bloke.

Firthy said:
The money myth doesnt wash. He has bought Heitinga, Distin, Fellani and the Russian lad (whose name i cant say or spell)... hardly a shoestring.

Is a Manager judged solely on the here and now? Maybe he has run out of ideas?
Is it possible for a good manager to turn bad?

P.s Couldnt think of anything worse than Moyes at City.

Everton lack serious funds. On average they can afford 1 or 2 good signings a season and did a bit more this year because of the Lescott funds. The Everton Chairman is keen to sell as he knows the current situation is not viable and that they need someone who can provide the liquidity that is needed to compete. This is not just in relation to the top 4 or us, Spurs etc but the fact that the likes of Sunderland will start to overtake them.

Moyes can only do so much with what he has and to date has done a very good job. It may well be that Moyes has reached the end of his natural tenure at Everton and both would benefit from a change but that is a different issue.

So no Moyes is not a bad manager. He is a good manager going through a sticky patch. It happens.

I have a rather weird theory about managers. The theory is backed up by little evidence, so lay off. Some can manage so long as they have riches and success is a given, and all is rosy. They seem to be able to maintain a high position at or near the top. Others seem to manage on a shoestring and do it well. The latter may well over-achieve but get the best out of journeymen professionals.

Swap each manager about and they flounder.

My conclusion is simple: manager is like putting together a 1000 piece jigsaw where upto half the pieces are blank, and there is a good number of duplicate pieces. You put a piece in, it fits, you don't know which piece it was, swap it for another one that fits, the picture looks no different but anyone looking at it would say that the illustration isn't for them.

Finished. I'm due back at the asylum shortly. Think I'll have a game of chess.

Gollum is making himself look shit ao the blue dippers aren't fussed when he joins the rags next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.