Is Tenby any good ? - UPDATE - Booked but which route P3

Re: Is Tenby any good ?

I live 10miles from there, folly farm, Oakwood theme park, heatherton and manor house wildlife park all close by for the kids, plenty of places to eat in Tenby and lovely beaches at Tenby and saundersfoot.

Plenty of castles near by to visit, and there's freshwater west beach where they filmed some of the Harry potter and Robin hood movies. Plenty to do over a weekend down this way just pray good weather as it's raining here ATM lol

After all your advice I have booked for a few days in Tenby next week.

Do I go :-

Chester then down A483 to Welshpool, Llandrindod stopping at a nice pub half way for lunch and the kids to play - 198 miles (many of them slow but better scenery)

or

As above but carry on across to Aberysytwyth then round coast to Cardigan then down to Tenby - 203 miles but more scenic and more for kids when we stop ?

or

M6-M5-M4 - 257 Miles risking potential jams past Brum and boring as fuck ?

Advice please .....

(Starting point M6 J18)

Beware caravans, combines, sheep trailers etc. on the cross country route. However came back the motorway route in a camper van last year and it was soul destroying (and 5 hours to Chester)

If you like oysters, try the Plantagenet on Quay Hill.

Depends what time you're setting off. If you're leaving 6 am ish then motorways for me as you'll make decent progress. Whatever time you go on the A roads you'll get stuck behind something and after a few hours the scenery might all start looking the same. If you're setting off later probably much of a muchness with the build up on the motorways but it'll be more pleasant stopping somewhere scenic rather than a motorway services.

Bellyeye said:
Depends what time you're setting off. If you're leaving 6 am ish then motorways for me as you'll make decent progress. Whatever time you go on the A roads you'll get stuck behind something and after a few hours the scenery might all start looking the same. If you're setting off later probably much of a muchness with the build up on the motorways but it'll be more pleasant stopping somewhere scenic rather than a motorway services.

I hadn't considered leaving that early. Was going to get the kids fed etc and leave about 10 ish, stop about 12:30 then carry on to arrive about 5 ish. They might sleep on both legs in this case.

I suppose If I got the kids up really early we could get a flyer and then stop for brekky after an hour or so. But I'm not sure they would sleep in the morning.

Anyone got experience of this ?

citytill1die84 said:
Anyone give us a clue where to park near ground? Don't want to bump into Rags as i've got my Pregnant sister with me and can do without trouble :) For the final we parked near the Stoke end.

Anywhere along the seafront

citytill1die84 said:
Anyone give us a clue where to park near ground? Don't want to bump into Rags as i've got my Pregnant sister with me and can do without trouble :) For the final we parked near the Stoke end.

Eh ?

Are you viewing multiple threads or in a parallel universe ?

Walshy said:
citytill1die84 said:

Eh ?

Are you viewing multiple threads or in a parallel universe ?

Shit didn't realise :( for some reason I thought I was in 1 of the Charity Shield threads must of click on the wrong 1 :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.