Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

Hopefully. I have been so put off by football recently.

football needs to be reset and brought back to the people. It’s just all about money now and is so far removed from what it should be.

Millions of people are losing their jobs or getting wage cuts and players are still earning grotesque amounts of money for doing nothing right now. It’s wrong.

similarly all this talk of restarting the league- it’s all about money again and it’s pretty despicable to even being that up now. They don’t care us or the community.

Im giving up my season ticket due to financial reasons and two others in my family won’t be going. Thousands of others will be in the same situation. So more then likely grounds will be half empty

out of this football should be returned to the people. Ie affordable for everyone and centered around the community

nice to hear another fan from another club feeling the same. I guess that in it self tells us there is to much football on tv nowadays. Its football 24/7 and its mostly about the two teams that play in red. When fans of other teams stop with Sky BT etc they better hope that there are enough Liverpool and utds buying it.

I wish I could just work all week than go to football at 3pm on Saturday
I think most fans think the same to be honest - with var ruining spontaneous celebrations, and shall we say manipulation of results. Ridiculous scheduling and changing times to suit TV, spiralling ticket costs and season ticket costs, not to mention UEFA fuckwittery and disregard for fans. I hope that sky and BT bubble has burst but I fear it won't

Just been reading this thread and will probably give some of you a belly laugh or maybe a new direction. A friend of mine who attends all the home matches and odd away games who won’t even entertain me mentioning them. As he always throws his arms up in the air and walks out at the half time interval when they come on at halftime to be presented with something.
Well I thought I would give the girls a look so I went to the Arsenal and Chelsea matches. Well I have to say both matches were fantastic a lot better than expected. They had everything atmosphere which the etihad doesn’t at the moment , old fashioned drama which Norman Hunter would be proud of,Vincent Kompany passion, the food was excellent and hot at halftime more than I’ve had on match days at the etihad with cold burgers and chips. Though the pork sausages are really nice.
All this for the price of £6.50, real football thanks to girls. I enjoyed both of those games more than the derby at home and the Carabao Cup Final. I came back from the final feeling nothing. It was like watching tiny pins on a map and the trophy they might as well be holding up a coffee mug. My autistic brother enjoyed it but he looks forward to going out anytime.
Well it felt like real football for moment, perhaps if we get rid of VAR it will be again and the prices come down for ordinary fans.
Thanks Manchester City Girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just watched the whole 90 mins of that epic Arsenal Spurs match in 2008.

The Spurs fans at the end are going ballistic at a 94th min equaliser to make it 4-4!

Imagine that now?

Some **** 100’s of miles away keeping people waiting to check Lennon was onside or not.

On phone to a betting syndicate to decide result

Bunch of liars or crybabies on here...

So what if some people don't like us?
So what if they like our owners even less?
So what if VAR is ruining the game?
So what if UEFA ban us?

I didn't hear much protests over the last ten years while we was scooping up most of the prizes.
I'm absolutely going crackers without it. To say i'm missing it is a massive understatement.

Football is much more than having a choice about watching it or not. It is near enough an addiction.
The high and lows make it what it is. I feel shit for days after a poor result. Yet as soon as it passes i'm up for more of it!

Maybe it's just the constant changes that is getting to people. (as i have never believed that our fan base depends on success)
We have major changes coming our way. Some favourite players will be leaving, some new ones coming. Pep may be off shortly, and i think people are worried what that will mean.
I wrote this season off, yet we were still up for three major trophies. (one already in the bag, or two if you add up like a rag)

As for people saying they are not missing the game, while posting on a football forum...FFS!
Spot on. If you don't want to go don't go but don't be a Mary Ellen about it.

would be nice to see if all the people saying its a tv arm chair game now are right ? they say football does not need the match going fans to survive ? well maybe it will become a arm chair sport being played in empty stadiums because of the virus ? i for one would hate watching games being played with no fans ? what is the point and most players are in the game for the buzz of the stadiums being full and crowds singing and the atmosphere. money can not buy that feeling. and without fans football would be just like a sunday league game and one man and his dog and players drinking beer and smoking cigs and throwing up at half time

Don't honestly care if it never comes back.
I see where your coming from...
Id say i would return to attending matches regularly again if somehow the corruption could be cleared up,the strangle-hold that sky/betting companies etc have on the game could be released ,a return to 3pm k.o,the reporting of the game concentrated on the actual skills of the players..actual football,without all the political sneering.Journalists used to report the game in an even handed,stylush manner back in the day...
Fa cup semi finals not to be played at Wembley, seats riipped out in parts of every ground to provide space for realistically priced terracing,no Var..Get back to the game.without the crap.
And.some sort of slowing down of the endless procession of foreign imports stopping the progress of local youth players at each club.
Football needs a right good sort out,before i start throwing money at it again.

great post and the answer is yes.

i am using myself as a yardstick. i'm 65 and have photo's me kicking a ball about as a two year old. ok 55 years watching City but absolutely loved the game in general. i'd watch any team that entertained, even the rags. Charlton and Best were unbelievable players.Baresi,Messi,Moore all world class. now if someone like me says "enough" then it comes from a heavy heart.that how damaged our game. i've not missed it one bit. my family is desperate to renew next season i'm dead against it. bear in mind it only cost 400 quid for me and wife is free, home and away. so its not the money its all about the main reason i mentioned earlier ,entertainment, its taken off you by a guy 200 miles away in a studio.
Martyn Tyler was right when he said "so watch it,drink it in, you'll never see anything like it again" and we wont.....they wont allow us to.
Absolutely fantastic post. Football has changed so much before COVID 19, but I do feel this will be the icing on the cake for a lot of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.