Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

Christ. I miss football tremendously. Honestly astounded by the amount of people that seemingly don’t give a fuck about it and aren’t particularly arsed about ever watching City again.

I think it’s an age thing the younger ones will be more interested while us old bastards who have been doing it 40 years plus have other priorities in our life’s now. Our grandchildren saving money for their future etc etc
I prefer european aways if I’m honest
Proper old school faces you see instead of these half and half fuckers at the etihad

Last edited:
I thought for a few seconds I was on the wrong forum there, Blues having a go at one another. Come on, we're all getting a bit tetchy, what with the lack of football and this bloody lockdown, the sun shining but we can only stay indoors. But we really shouldn't be turning against each other. We're all different and we all see things in a different way. When all is said and done we are all (mostly) strangers and probably wouldn't know each other in the street: but the thing that binds us together is our love of Manchester City FC. We chose Bluemoon over the many other forums, why? Who knows? But it doesn't matter. We know one another by our forum names and over the many years most of us have been a part of this little community we've between us built up a sort of 'rapport' between us: it's hard to explain but we know one another without knowing one another - if you see what I mean?

Nobody wants to go down the 'I'm-a-bigger-Blue-than-you' road, it's both juvenile and churlish. It's how I imagine rawk or sad café members act when boredom sets in. Each one of us in our own way idolises Man City - isn't that enough?
From what i've read on this thread there are only 1 or 2 posters giving it large.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and the best way I can describe it is I still have love for City and I think I always will. I go to my wardrobe and see the 2 home and away shirts I’ve got and I feel real love and pride for the shirt, the badge and what they always meant to me,especially in the miserable years.
But I don’t feel that love for watching football now and haven’t for some time if I’m honest. To be fair a lot of that is due to me being utterly priced out of watching it; I earn around minimum wage and have never had the sports channels or bet able to go to a game since Main Road days. Not being able to watch live games has made me bitter if I’m honest, bitter that I’m not wealthy enough to see my team (or other games I’d like to see).
I know it will never happen but I’d love to be able to just rock up at the ground like the old days and queue at the turnstiles but too many people are making fantastic amounts of money from the game now for things to change.
The season will have to be finished in some form just so the clubs don’t have to pay back the tv money they got from it. At the end of the day it’s all about the money.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and the best way I can describe it is I still have love for City and I think I always will. I go to my wardrobe and see the 2 home and away shirts I’ve got and I feel real love and pride for the shirt, the badge and what they always meant to me,especially in the miserable years.
But I don’t feel that love for watching football now and haven’t for some time if I’m honest. To be fair a lot of that is due to me being utterly priced out of watching it; I earn around minimum wage and have never had the sports channels or bet able to go to a game since Main Road days. Not being able to watch live games has made me bitter if I’m honest, bitter that I’m not wealthy enough to see my team (or other games I’d like to see).
I know it will never happen but I’d love to be able to just rock up at the ground like the old days and queue at the turnstiles but too many people are making fantastic amounts of money from the game now for things to change.
The season will have to be finished in some form just so the clubs don’t have to pay back the tv money they got from it. At the end of the day it’s all about the money.

If we all get through this safely and football resumes I’ll GIVE you a ticket to see the mighty blues sad story that m8

shows how broken it is. i dont care if i never go again.

Amazing isn't it Bill? I for one would never have thought that I would think that I wouldn't go again, apart from the Port Vale game which was gifted to me I haven't been to a single match and I didn't miss it.

Now I am far from an anti-capitalist but seeing these people swim about in money and stripping the game of its integrity was enough for me to take a stance and not bother filling their coffers for them. Oh, and BTW fuck VAR :)

Christ. I miss football tremendously. Honestly astounded by the amount of people that seemingly don’t give a fuck about it and aren’t particularly arsed about ever watching City again.

Don’t you work abroad? I declined Hamburg back in 2014 as I thought I’d miss City. I’d go now but attending matches would be a bit more special as it’s less often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.