Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

Hopefully.

It needs to collapse and start again.

The authorities and media need binning and the grip certain clubs have in proceedings.

Football is a wonderful game of 22 men and a referee, kicking a ball, between two goal posts and people enjoying watching it, everything else involved is expendable.
Completely agree with all that, except the bit about the refs kicking the ball between the goal posts, there’s enough corruption in the game...:)

Cannot see how in this current season that the team are blameless. of course VAR has made the game as poor as ive known it but some of are performances have been stale and frankly boring as FCUK. We seem to have hit a brick wall were passionless and missing a leader and both on and off the we sadly miss Vincent K We have had an unproductive transfer window. and a manager who has become obsessed with chopping and changing his team Its not just City i sure im not alone in losing the habit of watching any game with a football

It’s a tough one for me personally .
I kind of fell out with the game around when UEFA started fucking City around . It was fairly obvious that they weren’t happy with City and their wealth from an early stage .
European games were meant to be the pinnacle and it was something we’d only ever dreamed of . I still recall walking up to the ground when we played Napoli and the anthem was blasting out ( we are always late) and the hairs on my arm standing up . We had a few abject performances early on but once we became stronger it was apparent to see that the powers that be didn’t want us to succeed. On the pitch we were hamstrung by inept ( cheating) referees whilst being fined for minor transgressions off the pitch . I know people mainly go on about the Liverpool and Spurs game but the Monaco matches were absolutely fucking shambolic and it was plain to see we were being shafted . I fucked the CL off two seasons ago and just cherry pick the games I might want to see .
Then the PL decided to get in on the act . They tried theirmost damned last season but City were just too strong so they circled the wagons and started again this season with the obvious results that we witnessed and continue to see week in week out .
My main reason for going years ago was to take my daughter and indoctrinate her into the passion for City . This and the social side of meeting good friends over a few was always special ,
I did notice though a couple of seasons back that most of our conversations were about how we were wronged on the pitch . Generally we won so it became a moot point but the nagging feeling was there. Decisions were being made off the pitch that impacted not just the result but the whole mood of the club . One that still stands out is the Chelsea game when we scored to go 3-1 up until the linesman was instructed by the ref to disallow Sterling’s goal . I was apoplectic that day . Walking back into town and it was the topic on everybody’s lips but come MOTD , they were glossing over it ‘because we’d won’ . It stunk and any journo worth his pen and ink would’ve been all over crap like that .
Anyway , I digress , (again)
I’m not sure Ill renew and if I do , I know it’ll be more for the social side than the circus that is the PL .
Like most here, I love football and I take great delight in watching brilliant footballers perform on the pitch . To date , we’ve seen most of the greatest PL footballers ever to cross the white line , and , do you know what ? The majority of them have pulled on a City kit . Wether that’s enough to make me come back for more remains to be seen .

Great post mate, summed it up perfectly..

We all know what's going on and how what you're watching is not all it seems to be..

Football is definitely at the crossroads and if we all feel the same you can only but assume the powers that be know that too..

Football's on the precipice and could be fcuked up forever if they make the wrong calls going forward..

Last chance saloon you could say..!

The thing is, once this pandemic is finally over we are all going to pay the price financially. It could be years before people have a disposable income and can afford to attend matches. There will be more important things to spend your money on.
That is definitely true but I also think football will be forced to adjust to a new financial reality and prices for tickets, sky etc. will reflect that.

It’s a tough one for me personally .
I kind of fell out with the game around when UEFA started fucking City around . It was fairly obvious that they weren’t happy with City and their wealth from an early stage .
European games were meant to be the pinnacle and it was something we’d only ever dreamed of . I still recall walking up to the ground when we played Napoli and the anthem was blasting out ( we are always late) and the hairs on my arm standing up . We had a few abject performances early on but once we became stronger it was apparent to see that the powers that be didn’t want us to succeed. On the pitch we were hamstrung by inept ( cheating) referees whilst being fined for minor transgressions off the pitch . I know people mainly go on about the Liverpool and Spurs game but the Monaco matches were absolutely fucking shambolic and it was plain to see we were being shafted . I fucked the CL off two seasons ago and just cherry pick the games I might want to see .
Then the PL decided to get in on the act . They tried theirmost damned last season but City were just too strong so they circled the wagons and started again this season with the obvious results that we witnessed and continue to see week in week out .
My main reason for going years ago was to take my daughter and indoctrinate her into the passion for City . This and the social side of meeting good friends over a few was always special ,
I did notice though a couple of seasons back that most of our conversations were about how we were wronged on the pitch . Generally we won so it became a moot point but the nagging feeling was there. Decisions were being made off the pitch that impacted not just the result but the whole mood of the club . One that still stands out is the Chelsea game when we scored to go 3-1 up until the linesman was instructed by the ref to disallow Sterling’s goal . I was apoplectic that day . Walking back into town and it was the topic on everybody’s lips but come MOTD , they were glossing over it ‘because we’d won’ . It stunk and any journo worth his pen and ink would’ve been all over crap like that .
Anyway , I digress , (again)
I’m not sure Ill renew and if I do , I know it’ll be more for the social side than the circus that is the PL .
Like most here, I love football and I take great delight in watching brilliant footballers perform on the pitch . To date , we’ve seen most of the greatest PL footballers ever to cross the white line , and , do you know what ? The majority of them have pulled on a City kit . Wether that’s enough to make me come back for more remains to be seen .
An excellent post that resonates with both me and some of my friends

Football feels like it is no longer run by players and coaches.
Feels more like the sport depicted in the film Rollerball.

Affluent owners, a corrupt governing body, biased and self-important global media, refereeing decisions made by faceless people 200 miles from the game who hide behind the supposed unfailing accuracy of technology.

Stay of execution mate, I've postponed the haircut until tomoz..!

The Mrs has had a couple of drinks in the garden this afternoon and I'm not sure letting her loose on my head with a pair of scissors is a good idea.. Ha!
Make her one or two more strong drinks, excuse yourself and go into the bath and shave your head. No worries, hair is overrated and it will grow back. Plus you don't need the missus drunk with a sharp object in her hands.

Football feels like it is no longer run by players and coaches.
Feels more like the sport depicted in the film Rollerball.

Affluent owners, a corrupt governing body, biased and self-important global media, refereeing decisions made by faceless people 200 miles from the game who hide behind the supposed unfailing accuracy of technology.
Not quite correct, 200 miles away from our stadium (even further away from Newcastle) but conveniently close to the cockernees.
Riley the red in control, (I thought we'd seen the last of him!).
Mistakes conveniently made in our games upsetting the rhythm of the team and undermining our players confidence.
Call me cynical if you must...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.