Is the league cup enough for you?

In fact it's not quite the answer I want to give to the question that I want to answer.
Yes, I say it firmly (and said it a few weeks back on here), the League Cup and second place would have been enough for me, given the quality of the football we played. Because make no mistake, we played clearly the best football, overall, and in the four competitions, of any club in this country. Last season we looked depressingly dire at times, in fact I could hardly recognize us from the season before. I'm thinking about the Swansea home game (which I was at, as it happens), or Reading at home, in which Gazbaz saved us right at the death, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me. There are quite a few other games I could cite. We looked inept a handful of times this season (i.e. Bayern at home, and in a completely different way, Palace at home) but never, ever boring.
For me, the fan, then, that would have been enough. But I don't feel it was enough for the players, given how they were blowing people away between about the end of October through to the home Chelsea game. In forty-six years, I have never seen such sustained good football from a City side. I wanted them to get the reward, as much as anything. Well, they've got it, and well deserved. I'll just string along in their wake, I think… ;-)

Seeing as how close the title race was this season, and our somewhat embarrassing away games earlier in the season the league cup would've made me content, but now it's just the icing on top of the cake ;)

Can't remember exactly what I posted but would imagine it was something along the lines of the league cup only would be disappointing.

Don't really see the problem with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.