Is the league cup enough for you?

Would hope we haven't thrown in the towel on the League, but if we end up 2nd or 3rd, and win silverware, then it is hard to complain.

The big thing was to win silverware, progress in the Champions League and be in the mix for the Prem at the end of the season....ALL WHILE PLAYING FLOWING, ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL.

Pelle is going nowhere in the off season, other than to a post-World Cup Pre-Season Training Camp with an even better squad than this year. He has breathed new life into Garcia and Dzeko, Fernandinho has been a revelation and he has handled ALL the players with superb man management. Those who were on the fringes were made to perform or sit, and ANYONE who performed was given a run. I'd like to see Milner get that chance to play in a more solid midfield of Ferni, Garcia, Silva, Nasri and Milly, with Sergio upfront.

Yes

Providing this doesn't happen:-

Liverpool - Premier League
Chelsea - Champions League
Arsenal - F.A. Cup

That would devalue it somewhat given our superior players and the promise that was displayed until only a month ago.

It represents a successful season but given the fact we have the best squad in the league if that's all we
end up with it's a disappointment.The first aim was and still is the league. Both domestic cups would have been
a passable alternative for me but Pellegrini's decision to make the impossible chase for CL glory in Barcelona
the priority over the Wigan match cost us the FA Cup. I'd give him another season if we don't win the league but
make no mistake we have to win either the PL or CL next season or he is out. One win and three defeats against
our two main rivals in the league is very poor. I'm sick of the bad luck stories: we are starting to resemble Leeds
under Revie in terms of being the best team around who wins a fraction of what they should win.

jared said:
It just seems an opportunity lost this season. No one team totally dominating. Rags are shite. Liverpool without the ref are only a good but but not great team. Chelsea are in a transition with young and old players. While we have our best players in their prime. It just feels a good chance went begging

i agree with this. Injuries and complacency has ultimately cost us.

No, it isn't good enough. We have a great squad with players all in their prime. This was a great chance to win the league and it looks like we have blown it. In the summer we need to sign player under 25 to bring in some young blood. Also worrying how the mentality of certain players is still not where it should be.

GaudinoMotors said:
Yes

Providing this doesn't happen:-

Liverpool - Premier League
Chelsea - Champions League
Arsenal - F.A. Cup

That would devalue it somewhat given our superior players and the promise that was displayed until only a month ago.

if players react poorly then we could just slip out of top 4 -not so good then eh...

When renewals come around for next season I could see that my SC has gone up £165 from when we won the league in 2012. And what's different? We're no better than we were the season we won the title. A bit more of a settled, calmer squad but no better. For me that's not satisfying, it's just starting to piss me off. If they stopped putting my SC up at six times the rate of inflation every season I might be a bit more satisfied.

Don't forget the road to Wembley and the FL Cup win all came at an extra cost to the SC. There were good performances and a fantastic performance in that run. The final was a great day but that cup doesn't make a season for a club going for the title and to get to the latter stages of the CL.

Plus we threw away a great chance to win the FA Cup. I would have excused that had we won today but we lost and we could have been at Wembley again this weekend and could have played Liverpool away from the Hillsborough memorial weekend.

It all boils down to the prices we're charged for me. Be reasonable win ticket price increases and I'd be a lot more reasonable myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.