Is the Premier League becoming vastly overrated?

sam-caddick

Now i know we have had the hardest group in the CL out of all the PL teams in the competition however with the likes of United and Chelsea both struggling in what you could call 'easier' groups i believe the expectations of the English football fans, pundits, media etc very much farfetched in what we can produce.

Another example i could give would be the World Cup last year, look at the hype that was going around before the competition and lets face it, we played average to say the least.

Do you think the quality of other leagues are now starting to take over the PL which has played its part as the king of the leagues in recent history?

I think it's been up to it's expectation, but this season most English teams have been pretty weak in Europe (besides Arsenal which is pretty funny). I think it's a one off, everyone will be back to their form next year.

But as another poster mentioned, i know what you mean

This is what ive been saying to a few of my mates. I think its true. Look at us, were the best team in England on form and we couldn't even beat Napoli home or away. I dont think the english teams are anywhere near as good as the media would have you believe. I think even AC or Bayern would knock out any english team in the knockout stage. Long way to go before we can think of reaching Real Madrid's and Barcas level boys,

Armaan said:
This is what ive been saying to a few of my mates. I think its true. Look at us, were the best team in England on form and we couldn't even beat Napoli home or away. I dont think the english teams are anywhere near as good as the media would have you believe. I think even AC or Bayern would knock out any english team in the knockout stage. Long way to go before we can think of reaching Real Madrid's and Barcas level boys,

Rubbish

We are the only league in Europe to have 8 teams in Europe and the only league to have zero teams knocked out. But hey let's look at one week's results because it fits a media story to sell papers.

Cobwebcat said:
Armaan said:

Rubbish
Just my opinion mate

I think what makes ours stronger is that the teams in the bottom half are far better than the similar placed teams in other leagues.

Most Euro leagues have 2 or 3 teams who are way ahead of the rest.

blumoonrisen said:
I think what makes ours stronger is that the teams in the bottom half are far better than the similar placed teams in other leagues.

Most Euro leagues have 2 or 3 teams who are way ahead of the rest.

That is certainly true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.