Is the Premier League becoming vastly overrated?

ilovefotball said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I don't think that it's vastly over-rated, but I think a lot is going against us (as a nation) in European competition. Example, it's our first season, Chelsea need to completely rebuild, Rags seem to have no midfield and Arsenal without Van Persie... well I don't really need to say much about that.
I think this year will be a dud all around for the Prem in the CL, because two of our 4 teams are "in transition", we're still learning and Arsenal are... Arsenal.

To be fair, that's exactly what happened to Bayern Munich, all the italian teams and Spanish teams bar Barcelona earlier. And English media in general used the EPL teams dominating in Europe as a reason to call EPL the best league in the world.

That's a fair comment, but I think a little harsh on the English teams, we had a lot of representatives that (given their teams then) would have beaten the teams that are "emerging" now. They were very, very good teams, not necessarily down to weak opposition.

Where as other leagues (mostly) had a downturn for nearly a decade, I can't see this poor run of form lasting longer than 1-2 years, and given the competition of the top 6 over here, that will push teams further and further in to form, it won't be long before the top English teams are pushing Europe hard again.

And who cares if the league is overrated, the league could be on its way down but we are on our way up. I only care about my team. I have a feeling this will start to be blamed on City, but who cares, we are the best in England now and will dominate for the next decades. Blue moon rising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.