Is the Premier League becoming vastly overrated?

lee-mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
Now i know we have had the hardest group in the CL out of all the PL teams in the competition however with the likes of United and Chelsea both struggling in what you could call 'easier' groups i believe the expectations of the English football fans, pundits, media etc very much farfetched in what we can produce.

Another example i could give would be the World Cup last year, look at the hype that was going around before the competition and lets face it, we played average to say the least.

Do you think the quality of other leagues are now starting to take over the PL which has played its part as the king of the leagues in recent history?
If we had beaten napoli would this thread be here? no

some people are talking shit tonight!

The truth.

No i dont think so, the problem is that we havent adapted well in our first campaign, while united and chelsea are in the decline; they are both fucking boring and shit (in europe and the league, but rags have been lucky). Arsenal i think are in decline to but are in good form at thr moment.

I dont thik you judge the premierleague on two or three struggling teams.

The premier league is a brilliant league. I think some of you are getting carried away with European football. We need consistency at the top of our domestic league before we start thinking we are some sort of European superpower. As for the other threads slagging certain players, look where they currently are in the most important competition and get a grip. The rags have had some unbelievable teams during baconfaces reign but often struggled in Europe, compare that to some of your expectations of our young team. Some comments have been ridiculous but I suppose some want it all yesterday?

you need to realise how far city have come in a short space of time in the prem. look at the 4 big leagues in europe,apart from serie a the other 3 have played the same or 1 more game i think. out of all these no team have the same points as city,we have truly took the prem by the scruff of the neck.lets keep improving city.starting on sunday

mac said:
you need to realise how far city have come in a short space of time in the prem. look at the 4 big leagues in europe,apart from serie a the other 3 have played the same or 1 more game i think. out of all these no team have the same points as city,we have truly took the prem by the scruff of the neck.lets keep improving city.starting on sunday

Wish more had this view.

I don't think that it's vastly over-rated, but I think a lot is going against us (as a nation) in European competition. Example, it's our first season, Chelsea need to completely rebuild, Rags seem to have no midfield and Arsenal without Van Persie... well I don't really need to say much about that.

I think this year will be a dud all around for the Prem in the CL, because two of our 4 teams are "in transition", we're still learning and Arsenal are... Arsenal.

Really don't see how the league is overrated. It was our first time in the competition in the hardest group so we were always up against it. Rags have been shit for months now and Chelsea are simply old. Who the hell expected an English team to win the CL? not many.

MCFC-alan88 said:
I don't think that it's vastly over-rated, but I think a lot is going against us (as a nation) in European competition. Example, it's our first season, Chelsea need to completely rebuild, Rags seem to have no midfield and Arsenal without Van Persie... well I don't really need to say much about that.
I think this year will be a dud all around for the Prem in the CL, because two of our 4 teams are "in transition", we're still learning and Arsenal are... Arsenal.

To be fair, that's exactly what happened to Bayern Munich, all the italian teams and Spanish teams bar Barcelona earlier. And English media in general used the EPL teams dominating in Europe as a reason to call EPL the best league in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.