Is there a red shirt cartel or are we just deluded?

Could be wrong, but if my recollection of anti cartel training is correct, that provision of ‘all of the emails’ demand could put some people in some very deep shit.

I think suggesting any kind of collusion or being party to discussion of it and doing nothing/not reporting places you in a compromising position.

I don't really see how this is considered some sort of paranoid conspiracy theory. There was literally a cartel of the established clubs for 10 years in the G-14, who would collectively negotiate according to their own interests with UEFA and FIFA at the expense of everyone else in European football. This wasn't a conspiracy, it was done openly. It'd be naive to think that because the organisation was officially dissolved, there wasn't still a collection of established clubs that communicate and act collectively at times to protect their own interests at the expense of everyone else.

And which English clubs were members of the G-14? Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal only.

There has been a red cartel since before I can remember and I’m 52. The start of the Premier League was their opportunity to ensure domination, hence the “top 4” that sowed up the champion league places and the riches that brought. I know a few mention Spurs and a few other clubs but I just see them as putz who vote in favour of Arsenal, Liverpool and United thinking it is in their interests but all they are doing is enabling the red cartel.

What we are witnessing now is a power shift and they are fighting it dirty. When the Premier League charge City 115 times I just see the red cartel trying to prevent our rise.

Could be wrong, but if my recollection of anti cartel training is correct, that provision of ‘all of the emails’ demand could put some people in some very deep shit.

I think suggesting any kind of collusion or being party to discussion of it and doing nothing/not reporting places you in a compromising position.
I know what you mean but I feel it’s like when an individual submits a personal request for information - unless the recipient is very honest or very stupid the requester doesn’t normally receive anything that incriminates the provider of the information - it is well sifted beforehand.

I don’t think anyone will drop themselves or their mates into deep shit when there is a polite request involved.

If this was a criminal investigation then that would be a different matter because someone other than the recipient of the request would be searching for evidence.

There has been a red cartel since before I can remember and I’m 52. The start of the Premier League was their opportunity to ensure domination, hence the “top 4” that sowed up the champion league places and the riches that brought. I know a few mention Spurs and a few other clubs but I just see them as putz who vote in favour of Arsenal, Liverpool and United thinking it is in their interests but all they are doing is enabling the red cartel.

What we are witnessing now is a power shift and they are fighting it dirty. When the Premier League charge City 115 times I just see the red cartel trying to prevent our rise.
Wasn't it originally a top 3 that qualified for the CL and only increased to 4 when certain clubs were knocked off the gravy train by Chelsea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.