Is there a red shirt cartel or are we just deluded?

Been having an "interesting" discussion with some scouser who says that there is no such thing as a red cartel and we are just using that as an excuse for the 115 charges and acting as a deluded fan base.

Now who on here believes there is a red shirt cartel and who doesn't?
Rag.

Been having an "interesting" discussion with some scouser who says that there is no such thing as a red cartel and we are just using that as an excuse for the 115 charges and acting as a deluded fan base.

Now who on here believes there is a red shirt cartel and who doesn't?
You go first

On MSM and social media and in person it’s those fans who follow Utd,Liverpool and Arsenal who are whining the loudest. So there certainly a self entitled cartel.

Most non City fans whilst not exactly delighted at our success can see the hypocrisy and the attempts by the istree clubs to block the ambition of others

When ferguson was rallying other clubs to ban participation in youth team matches versus MCFC cause City were paying for trainees st bedes education and in his own words cheating....arsenal were in tow...kin arsenal appalled about st bedes..the murderers shied away advicing Sir Ferguson he wouldnt be able to swing it..or words that meant the same....ive often wondered who notified wenga about st bedes, livid he was.

In 1985 another capitulation by the FA allowed Clubs to keep all their home gate money and the majority of the television income was split between the “famous five” – United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal.. Once again, the threat of a breakaway had got the FA trembling and they caved in to their demands. It was during these negotiations that Edwards was heard to make the crass remark; “The smaller clubs are bleeding the game dry ………they should be put to sleep.”

I think everybody understands that “cartel” is a figure of speech, useful shorthand. They are not the Sinoloa Cartel or the Tijuana cartel (who are, incidentally, now using drones to assassinate their enemies and mayors in Mexican cities and towns).

What there certainly is is an establishment of clubs who had been dominant for decades, and who most definitely did not want anyone to join their ranks, still less to become a dominant member of those ranks.
They are outraged by City, but they would have been outraged by Newcastle, Burnley, Crystal Palace or anyone else who aligned several years of being champions to their exclusion. It so happens that three members of that establishment wear red shirts when they're out on the pitch.
The definition of a cartel usually goes like: A group of similar companies who band together to limit competition….
Yep, it’s a cartel.

Graham Souness spoke about the top clubs being pissed off at City on that Irish programme years ago .
He’s pissed off about City, he’s pissed of about Celtic. He’s just pissed off. I kinda like that. In fact, I like that a lot, fuck him.

You have your club, what you on about?
If you hanker for yo-yoing and having the bitter taste of defeat in your mouth regularly, then go support Burnley.
I don't want that club back, thanks. MY club wins stuff now, and plays the beautifulist of football.
Thanks but I'll stick around if you don't mind, after 60years it's a habit I'd find hard to break.
I've loved seeing us win things but I've always loved going to games, win, lose or draw its always been about the day out, results are something out of my control.

There's plenty like me who think we are being squeezed out in favour the money spending day trippers, there's also plenty like you who crave success at any price and are happy to see many loyal Mancunian fans forced out, or priced out.

Reactions: PPT
If you don't see that the American-owned clubs are colluding with each other to further their individual and shared commercial interests and are fully supported in their actions by the MSM, then you are indeed deluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.