is there any friendship between city and another club

BL2blue said:
Danamy said:
Nigel did you attend the pre-season tour of Italy in 1992 when we played Torino?

that was a good trip with the Chaddy lot - hope Bernard's eye brows have grown back ! Of course we have a friendship with Rangers - manys a time the Sash was sung in various pre-season/friendly games in Scotland when our Blue brothers would join us (80s & 90s)- anyone who went to the Celtic "friendly" in early 90s at Shelbourne's ground would know the emnity between us and them - it was horrendous.I know things have changed (and for the better) but those images will take along time to erase from memory

First of all there is already a thread about "what is you're favourite Scottish team" currently on the go so all the posters on the last 2 pages of this thread getting all moist over about 300 City fans following the Ranjirs over 20 years ago might be better off leaving opinions there.

I'm not aware of any direct link City have with another side/feeder club outwith any player transfers that have financial add ons i.e apparently the Friendly at Celtic Park last August was something to do with the Samaras deal, plus the Barnsley Friendly for using Oakwell last July for the Streymur game. There is certainly no formal link with the Old Firm. I also follow Celtic but I don't go on about it, and find myself having to educate a few morons who make statements they can't back up on a club (Celtic) and support they know very little about.

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
BL2blue said:
that was a good trip with the Chaddy lot - hope Bernard's eye brows have grown back ! Of course we have a friendship with Rangers - manys a time the Sash was sung in various pre-season/friendly games in Scotland when our Blue brothers would join us (80s & 90s)- anyone who went to the Celtic "friendly" in early 90s at Shelbourne's ground would know the emnity between us and them - it was horrendous.I know things have changed (and for the better) but those images will take along time to erase from memory

First of all there is already a thread about "what is you're favourite Scottish team" currently on the go so all the posters on the last 2 pages of this thread getting all moist over about 300 City fans following the Ranjirs over 20 years ago might be better off leaving opinions there.

I'm not aware of any direct link City have with another side/feeder club outwith any player transfers that have financial add ons i.e apparently the Friendly at Celtic Park last August was something to do with the Samaras deal, plus the Barnsley Friendly for using Oakwell last July for the Streymur game. There is certainly no formal link with the Old Firm. I also follow Celtic but I don't go on about it, and find myself having to educate a few morons who make statements they can't back up on a club (Celtic) and support they know very little about.

lol...check your name...i would say, that's positively shouting it from the rooftops

shadygiz said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:

lol...check your name...i would say, that's positively shouting it from the rooftops

Not really, read the bit after it!! You've got a guy referring to an incident that happened in Ireland 17 years ago and making out that because of some local headbangers Celtic fans are all the same, yet thinks it's great that some of Rangers low life can turn City fans in to clones of themselves, that being sectarian knuckleheads at Friendlies in the 80's and 90's. Double standards? Always the case.

Couldn't really give a shite about Rangers or Celtic. They are both just the Scottish version of the rags but with a little religious bigotry thrown in.

Martin MCFC UK said:
Eddie said:
None whatsoever.

This all stemmed from the fact Celtic seemed to get on with United. That in itself may have stemmed from the fact that Busby claimed some years back United were a Catholic club - despite George Best being a Northern Irish Protestant!

Bottom line is, as per earlier post, any tie ups are purely at the behest of small groups of fans and not necessarily representative of the majority.

From my own viewpoint, I loathe Celtic and Rangers in equal measure.

I also have diffiuclty, with my limited intellect, understanding how you can support more than one team - particularly if City are one of them given the stress and aggrevation they put us through!
i live and was born in the same town as matt busby our sports centre is named after him and there is a memorial thing 2 mins from my house

I take it you live in Bellshill then mate. My dads from there and used to deliver milk to his house.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
maine road fc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not allowed to post new topics apparently, so I'll use this link to let you know:-

Maine Road F.C. are playing F.C. United in a friendly at Brantingham Road, Chorlton (we know that is in Manchester!) next Tuesday, 4th August K.O. 7:45p.m. Admission £5, Concessions £2 . Programmes £1, Pies £1:30, tea and coffee 60p!...no alcohol I'm afraid.

For anyone who doesn't know, Maine Road F.C. were formed in 1955 as City Supporters (Rusholme) and changed their name to Maine Road F.C. when City built the Social Club in the mid 1960's and the club then used this as their base. They have progressed from Sunday football to the relatively giddy heights of the Premier League of the North-West Counties League. The committee is still very City orientated with many still having seasoncards, one retaining corporate facilities and Mr Maine Road himself Derek Barber (Coach, Treasurer,etc,etc) finding time midweek to follow City on many of their European jaunts last year. The team play in Sky Blue, the badge is virtually a replica of the City badge used prior to the current crest, but perhaps most evocatively they are still perpetuating the name of 'Maine Road'.

If you can get down and give the Blues a cheer against the reds, it would be good to see you. If you can't make that game, it would be good to see you at Brantingham Road anytime!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.