is there any friendship between city and another club

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Us fans seem to have struck up a good bond with the lads from Hamburg
i think hamburg are friends with everyone apart from utd and celtic obvii if they are friends with city and rangers

Perth-Blue said:
A lot of my mates up here follow City as well as the local team Saintjohnstone (league Div 1 winners and back in the SPL next season)
congrats on tht glad thm partick cunts didnt gt back gd luk for mcinness nxt season

Perth-Blue said:
A lot of my mates up here follow City as well as the local team Saintjohnstone (league Div 1 winners and back in the SPL next season)
funny you should say that when i was a kid collecting the panini stickers i took a shining to st. johnston, dont know why, i must have liked the kit or badge or something. i still always look for their results.

staffs_blue said:
I seem to recall somebody who regularly visits Italy( Nigel is it??) who says that we have a link with Torino.

Torino were seen as a kind of Italian equivalent to us in that their city rivals had the support of plastic fans from all over Italy, and they also greatly underachieved like we did. As I recall, a group of City fans went over there in the early nineties when Italian football was popular in England, and a group of them came over to our place in return. At the time, one of our fanzines used to do occasional pieces on Torino and how they were getting on.

I think I've read about visits more recently, too, so maybe small numbers of fans keep it going still.

Perth-Blue said:
my father in law lives in perth, he takes me to see st johnstone when we visit, nice little ground, hope they do well in the spl next season, they deserve a good run in the top flight.
i return the favour by taking him to see city when he visits, he loves the coms and has become a bit of a blue on the sly.
he even wears the city tie we bought him for christmas, and he already hated the rags which is a bonus !!!
i'm happy for mcfc to have a bond with st johnstone fc

wrongun73 said:
Perth-Blue said:
funny you should say that when i was a kid collecting the panini stickers i took a shining to st. johnston, dont know why, i must have liked the kit or badge or something. i still always look for their results.
lol i still do that, i have vivid memories of my panini books, happy days

vonksconk said:
wrongun73 said:
Perth-Blue said:
lol i still do that, i have vivid memories of my panini books, happy days
we could get a few together and do a trip up there for a game and they come down here for a game, go on the piss etc. i used to know a few lads in the denton area that used to do a similar thing with raith rovers

blue jim said:
I heard the link with Torino was that a couple of City fans went to a Torino match when in Italy and brought their City flag with them and had a laugh with the locals, who hadnt a clue what was going on.

The link with Torino came when City done a pre-season tour of Italy in 1992 and played them in one of the 3 games.
I don't know if anyone else on here attended that tour but i was on Big Bernards coach and we stayed in Lake Garda for the duration.
It was a great tour and it was also on that tour the infamous Niall Quinn's Disco Pants song came from!!

Oh the memories..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.