Is there any way back into fans’ hearts for Cancelo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also can't stand that he wear 7. Im not one for kit numbers, I usually couldn't care less but it bugs me this one!

He's clearly still a fantastic technical player, and if he has the desire too then he's a top player in any team. The pass for Haaland today was evidence of that, sublime and he's got so much ability.

But we don't actually know what happened, and I suspect that he has no future here as you just don't cross Pep. He may have apologized, he may have indicated he wants to stay and fight, or to go, we just don't know.

We may keep him and use him, knowing full well his contract won't be renewed and he thus has to accept being a bit part player. A gentlemen's agreement, if you will, if he doesn't crap in our house and we will support him moving on in his career, maybe by not asking for £60m for example.

Clearly nothing is imminent on an exit though or he'd not be on the tour. Noticed he turned away after he goal though and and nobody congratulated him on the pass, but he did get involved in the celebration for the one before.

He's clearly still a fantastic technical player, and if he has the desire too then he's a top player in any team. The pass for Haaland today was evidence of that, sublime and he's got so much ability.

But we don't actually know what happened, and I suspect that he has no future here as you just don't cross Pep. He may have apologized, he may have indicated he wants to stay and fight, or to go, we just don't know.

We may keep him and use him, knowing full well his contract won't be renewed and he thus has to accept being a bit part player. A gentlemen's agreement, if you will, if he doesn't crap in our house and we will support him moving on in his career, maybe by not asking for £60m for example.

Clearly nothing is imminent on an exit though or he'd not be on the tour. Noticed he turned away after he goal though and and nobody congratulated him on the pass, but he did get involved in the celebration for the one before.
Haaland went to him after the assist I am sure, you can see hes going towards him but the camera just cuts away.
Great to give him minutes, will only help which ever way this now goes.
Thought he played really well.

Not justifying Cancelo's behaviour last season, but we started winning again because Ruben Dias returned to the starting 11. He gave us not only world-class steadiness at the back but also brought back much-needed leadership. Cancelo is not all to blame.

Go back 12 months and he was one of the best wing backs in world football. A disagreement with a manager is normal, especially when you get dropped. It shows that they care. Going out on loan was a big shock. It is easier to kiss and make up, than finding Cancelo mark II. And with Walker possibly going, then it would make sense to keep Cancelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.