Is there any way back into fans’ hearts for Cancelo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘IT SHOULD be‘- please read. Unfortunately for you, Pep doesn’t do Bluemoon, so you’ll have to put up with the punters here having an opinion, and thats the point here, it’s about OPINION and DISCUSSION. Sorry no one explained the rules to you….
How do you know Pep doesn't "do Bluemoon" ? I could be Pep for all you know :) But seriously I think he does read BM.
Pep lives and breathes City and I'm sure he wants to know how fans are digesting things.

it’s about OPINION and DISCUSSION.
And yet you dont think I should have one ...

But fair enough, you want to be judge jury and executioner for one of our players, you obviously know more about this than anyone, crack on.
My feeling has always been IF Pep want's him to stay that's good enough for me. Sometimes things get said bred from frustration. We don't know what was said between him and Pep. You shouldn't pan one of our players so easily without knowing that facts.
I suppose you will boo him when he appears in the first few prem games.

Last edited:
At the end of the day he missed out more than anyone else last season. No greater punishment than missing out on the backend of last season.

If Pep has forgiven, based on what actually happened, the fans should, based on what they think they know.

Last edited:
I don't rate Cancelo if I'm honest. He's just like Adebayor, Robinho etc - world class when they want to be, but shite if they aren't feeling it.

There's a reason Bayern Munich didn't want him and no one else is coming in for him.
If you're right, maybe after missing out on the last bit of last season he has learned from it and will amend his ways, lets give the lad a chance. Pep knows what he's doing. He's a master at player phycology.

If you're right, maybe after missing out on the last bit of last season he has learned from it and will amend his ways, lets give the lad a chance. Pep knows what he's doing. He's a master at player phycology.
I hope you're right Bill, I really do as when he's on form he's a great player.

If Walker is going then it suggests we're not going to be playing with full backs as such. I don't rate Cancelo as a full back, he's simply not good enough at defending - in fact he's very poor at it. However, if he can play in midfield then he might have a chance.

Personally though, I'd rather he left.

I hope you're right Bill, I really do as when he's on form he's a great player.

If Walker is going then it suggests we're not going to be playing with full backs as such. I don't rate Cancelo as a full back, he's simply not good enough at defending - in fact he's very poor at it. However, if he can play in midfield then he might have a chance.

Personally though, I'd rather he left.
I actually think he's so fucking talented he could play anywhere (maybe not goals :))
But rotation is obviously the key for Pep and if Pep is happy that JC can accept that then I'm happy he stays.
He can be very effective v teams that don't have a world class right winger but need breaking down.

I don't rate Cancelo if I'm honest. He's just like Adebayor, Robinho etc - world class when they want to be, but shite if they aren't feeling it.

There's a reason Bayern Munich didn't want him and no one else is coming in for him.

Why he was in the team of the year in PL & CL in 2021/22 season ?

It means he is consistent.

But maybe he bad reaction of being on the bench ended his career with Pep.

Why he was in the team of the year in PL & CL in 2021/22 season ?

It means he is consistent.

But maybe he bad reaction of being on the bench ended his career with Pep.
I disagree - he's not consistent at all for me. He can be brilliant, then awful.

He's great going forward, but if you get at him he gives away fouls, penalties and gets caught out of position. He's a poor defender and there's a reason that no other team in world football wants him. If he was Mr Consistent he'd had a long list of suitors. We're stuck with him and I only hope he's not played anywhere near our goal.

I disagree - he's not consistent at all for me. He can be brilliant, then awful.

He's great going forward, but if you get at him he gives away fouls, penalties and gets caught out of position. He's a poor defender and there's a reason that no other team in world football wants him. If he was Mr Consistent he'd had a long list of suitors. We're stuck with him and I only hope he's not played anywhere near our goal.
no one may not want him at the price we are proposing, clubs may know we want to offload and are holding off until the price that gets shopped around drops. im sure pleny of clubs would want him at a lower price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.