Is this our biggest game in 29 years.

Arguably i think it's the most important match in a long while. There's more chances and possibilities, but i mean we've got an advantage goin into tomorrows match, we're playing a united side which in comparison to last seasons is weak, and aston villa await in the final, which i feel more comfortable about than it being chelsea/arsenal etc. COME ON CITY.

It is our biggest game this season so far. But, hopefully, when we get to the end of the season we will look back on this as significant but not our biggest game of the season. I hope it's eclipsed by something that results in a trophy.

This for me will be bigger than if MH was still here Bobby Manc to get one over on baconface early doors will be big.
Watched the twats against hull and to be fair looked to be getting some form massive first 20 COME ON CITY

I've changed my mind! It IS now the biggest because if we win we can add another notch to our honours' board. We've not been able to add another 'proper' notch onto it since 1981 in my book.

brianireland said:
it may not be the biggest but is the most Important one. It’s the question mark in the first line in the first paragraph in the future of Manchester City.

Other way round to be fair. It's a "bigger" game in terms of prestige/interest than Gillingham but it's not more important. If we lose tomorrow we still have a club.

squirtyflower said:
the most important game in the last 29 years was the home game against stoke at Christmas 98 when we were a goal down at half-time
something snapped that day at half time and the players came out with desire and wanting to win, and we went on a superb run after that game that got us to third and into the play-offs and on to the infamous penalty shoot out against the Gills
that game was the signal that we had finally turned the corner and were heading in the right direction

This. Excellent call by Squirty Flower.

I missed this Game due to a sick Teenage Daughter and listened to Andy Buckley and Jimmy Wagg on GMR.

After half time the Hairs on the Back of my Neck were up and you could just feel the Juggernaught turning full circle.

This is the Rags most important Game in 29 Years. I truly believe this is Taggerts last chance of Silverware before retirement.

ifiwasarichfan said:
squirtyflower said:
the most important game in the last 29 years was the home game against stoke at Christmas 98 when we were a goal down at half-time
something snapped that day at half time and the players came out with desire and wanting to win, and we went on a superb run after that game that got us to third and into the play-offs and on to the infamous penalty shoot out against the Gills
that game was the signal that we had finally turned the corner and were heading in the right direction

I missed this Game due to a sick Teenage Daughter and listened to Andy Buckley and Jimmy Wagg on GMR.

After half time the Hairs on the Back of my Neck were up and you could just feel the Juggernaught turning full circle.

This is the Rags most important Game in 29 Years. I truly believe this is Taggerts last chance of Silverware before retirement.

Good calls. If tonight becomes utd's most important game for years to come then that will be highly significant for our future. I hope we look back on this as an important game, but not as significant as whatever follows. However, it could become the crucial night in utd's history to come. This could be the start of their equivalent of our early-mid 90s frustrations - Our pitch invasion against Spurs in 93 was borne out of frustration at a lack of success.

Prior to 1993 no matter how bad it got, at least we knew utd still hadn't won the League. It sort of calmed us down a bit. Today, for utd it's similar. No matter how unhappy they are with the Glaziers and so on, they still go on about our lack of trophy success as if that's more significant to them personally. When City eventually find success utd's other problems will start to surface.

ifiwasarichfan said:
squirtyflower said:

Forgot to add that Gillingham was the most important game. Club could have died if that day had gone wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.