Is this our biggest game in 29 years.

black mamba said:
Hamburg at home for me.

I reckon that winning the UEFA Cup would have been a better achievement than winning the Carling Cup ....... especially as it's a european trophy.

Although winning either would obviously end our long wait for a trophy.

Gillingham was a mammoth game for us , no doubt about it ..... but the lower league level of the oppostion doesn't put it in the same bracket as this United semi , or the Hamburg quarter-final game.

Lower league level of opposition???? We were a similar level ourselves, with some very average players amongst our squad. Going 2-0 down with eight minutes remaining..... there seemed no way back. That result helped us to gather momentum, another promotion the following season. The Gillingham match, though not truly realised at the time, was a defining moment in City's history. For that reason, it has to be probably the biggest for so many reasons.

dw7 said:
belive me gillingham was a much much much bigger game than this

Bigger in that the immediate future of the club rested on it.... It was probably more important than tomorrow....

However, this has got to be the biggest as it could be a 'launch pad' for the next level.

levets said:
dw7 said:
belive me gillingham was a much much much bigger game than this

Bigger in that the immediate future of the club rested on it.... It was probably more important than tomorrow....

However, this has got to be the biggest as it could be a 'launch pad' for the next level.

We've already launched, in fact bits of the club are falling off into orbit as we speak.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
Wembley awaits,forget Gillingham play off,full members pish.If we do these fucks on wed. night,we have a date with Villa on 28th Feb.Hamburg was a "big game" as West Ham was(1/4's cup),but wednesday is in my mind,our BIGGEST MATCH for a long time.(APART FROM LAST WEEK V THE SCUM)
No way, the play off final was Citys biggest game in their History, if we had lost that day it would have been the end of the club as we know it. We would have lost the few good players we had, received no investment, still been at Main Road as the COM s would have been no use to us, gates would be mid 20s. With out a doubt tomorrow is massive but our whole furture does not hang in the balance, it is part of our rebuilding for the future. On 90 mins in the play off final we were 5 mins from disappearing into a hell hole.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
Wembley awaits,forget Gillingham play off,full members pish.If we do these fucks on wed. night,we have a date with Villa on 28th Feb.Hamburg was a "big game" as West Ham was(1/4's cup),but wednesday is in my mind,our BIGGEST MATCH for a long time.(APART FROM LAST WEEK V THE SCUM)
No way, the play off final was Citys biggest game in their History, if we had lost that day it would have been the end of the club as we know it. We would have lost the few good players we had, received no investment, still been at Main Road as the COM s would have been no use to us, gates would be mid 20s. With out a doubt tomorrow is massive but our whole furture does not hang in the balance, it is part of our rebuilding for the future. On 90 mins in the play off final we were 5 mins from disappearing into a hell hole.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRh9K6MKPw[/youtube]

In terms of the future of the club the play off final has to be the biggest.God knows how long it would have taken to get out of div 1 had we not done so first time.just look at leeds!

However,their are no bigger games than a derby game and the one has a lot of edge to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.