Is this our most talented crop?

Sir Joe Aguero

Apart from checking on the results, I don't really follow our youth teams as much as I should. However, Delap's setting records in the U23's and his goalscoring form is quite frankly ridiculous, Harwood-Bellis & Morgan Rogers having good loans, Tai Sodje has 28 G&A in 17, Doyle & Palmer are great, Luke Mbete has been tipped for success, then there's Bernarbe, McAtee, Alex Robertson, Carlos Borges, Nmecha, Ben Knight and I'm sure I'm missing some obvious ones.

Obviously Foden, Sancho and Brahim is about as good a set of players you'll find, but this seems to be an unbelievably rich squad. Is it our best at Youth Level in terms of future talent?

In terms of sheer numbers of talented lads, then yes, I'd have to agree.

Some of the others you missed are Fiorini out on loan, Bernabe, Bobb, Lavia, Callum Doyle, Larios, Gyabi and take your pick of the goalies. How many of those will make it with us, Lord knows. They'll all have great careers somewhere as long as they retain the hunger.

All of the teams under U18 level were all conquering as well but we'll have to wait and see what 12 months entirely out of the game does to them.

I'd be surprised if all of these u21 players can't make it as a professional in one of the top leagues or top 2nd leagues (championship, la liga 2, Bundesliga 2) at some point.

The Sancho, Fidel Braham trio are the best quality youth we had, but when considering quantity also, this group are pretty unique.

I'd be surprised if all of these u21 players can't make it as a professional in one of the top leagues or top 2nd leagues (championship, la liga 2, Bundesliga 2) at some point.

The Sancho, Fidel Braham trio are the best quality youth we had, but when considering quantity also, this group are pretty unique.
Ahh, Castro, I remember him well. Whatever happened to him?

I'm not sure I'd include Brahim Diaz in that list myself, he's not reached the heights he seemed destined for (yet). At this point in time I'd say McAtee has a higher ceiling and seems more likely to reach it.

I'm not sure I'd include Brahim Diaz in that list myself, he's not reached the heights he seemed destined for (yet). At this point in time I'd say McAtee has a higher ceiling and seems more likely to reach it.
I'm not even gonna correct that lol.

Yeah really it was Sancho and Foden, but included Brahim because the media kind of hyped them as a "trio". Brahim is one bracket lower for me, but he's doing decentish at AC Milan

No one is quite on the Foden level, but I think McAtee, Delap and maybe Lavia is on par with Brahim and Sancho when they were playing for the EDS

No one is quite on the Foden level, but I think McAtee, Delap and maybe Lavia is on par with Brahim and Sancho when they were playing for the EDS
Brahim yes, I personally put Sancho on the Foden bracket also, but we're just splitting hairs at this point, gauging potential is difficult.

Brahim might not have hit his potential, but I remember him getting a hattrick and winning a penalty against Chelsea, who were unbelievable and the best youth team of the decade. Good to hear good things about McAtee though.

Even if it’s not with us, I think Mbete, Harwood-Bellis, Callum Doyle, McAtee, Palmer, Robertson, Delap, Tommy Doyle and Lavia all have a very good chance of making it at the top level.

Even if it’s not with us, I think Mbete, Harwood-Bellis, Callum Doyle, McAtee, Palmer, Robertson, Delap, Tommy Doyle and Lavia all have a very good chance of making it at the top level.
Agree, Callum Doyle has really impressed me lately. Carbon copy of Laporte with a bit more pace. I would add Carlos Borges to that list too personally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.