Is this Pep's best version of City?

This is one of our weakest versions actually. But this is by far Pep’s best season(and that’s saying a lot). We have barely any depth in our squad( Gundogan, Stones and Jesus are our only top subs), problems in fitness(KDB, Dias, Stones,Foden), due to our lack of depth some players need to overplay(Rodri, Cancelo, Bernardo).

That we are as competitive as we are now tells you how balanced of a team Pep has created.

I think this version of Pep's City is the best at controlling games and limiting the opposition to few chances, however the downside of this team compared to the Centurions and Quad winning sides is the lack of killer instinct up front and subsequently fewer goals scored. This will improve massively with Haaland and Alvarez next season though and then you might see his best City side ever

@city warrior - What on earth are you talking about?
City are only missing a striker and a scoring wide player and a replacement for Fern. Plenty of depth everywhere else.
Our subs: Steffens, Ake, Stones, Fernandinho, Grealish, Jesus, Gundogan. Compare that to Chelsea’s or Liverpool’s and we clearly have less depth. Other than Gundogan and Stones, who is a top player? We are still a great team, and I think this City could beat 17-19 City on UCL, but that’s mostly how Pep has evolved the team than City actually having a better squad.

I think this version is the best suited to the bigger games actually. I've seen us dominate against certain teams this season that I've never seen us do previously.

On the flip side, I think we're slightly weaker against the lesser sides.

I will put it like this: I'd fancy this side in a h2h against any other Pep City side in a single game, but not over an entire season.

Nah, for me Centurions were the best side, at least for now. We had Silva, KdB, Dinho and Sergio at their peak. Raz and Gabby were putting up high goal tallies. Sane was at pre-injury.

I'd say we have definitely improved defensively over time, but for me the Centurions side just had that extra cutting edge in the offense.

17-18 was the best for me, followed by 18/19.

I dont think the current city side is as well rounded compared to those two. Decent in defence and midfield but up top nowhere near as lethal when we had the likes of Sane and Aguero firing.

As exciting as it is with some transfer rumours coming in next season,
We need a left back (still!) and a long term replacement for Kyle Walker as he’s getting no younger.
Some CDM cover for rodri too.

let’s not mention the fact gundogan and KDB are getting older and slower.

I think the next 2 summer transfer windows are crucial for our next 6/7 years. We need the right young talent coming in

Our subs: Steffens, Ake, Stones, Fernandinho, Grealish, Jesus, Gundogan. Compare that to Chelsea’s or Liverpool’s and we clearly have less depth. Other than Gundogan and Stones, who is a top player? We are still a great team, and I think this City could beat 17-19 City on UCL, but that’s mostly how Pep has evolved the team than City actually having a better squad.
That's a very strong bench IMO and I wouldn't swap it for any other in the PL.

Steffen is probably too good to be a back up keeper. Ake and Stones are excellent CBs. Fernandinho can still do a job when needed. Grealish and Gundogan are fantastic players. Jesus is very hardworking and can cover a variety of positions and is certainly not without ability. We also have Zinchenko as well who has always been reliable and plenty of exciting young talent coming through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.