Is this Pep's best version of City?

2017-18 and 2018-19 was our best attacking team.

100 points, 32 wins, 106 goals
98 points, 32 wins, 95 goals
198 points, 64 wins, 201 goals over two seasons is incredible!

That side also won 6 trophies in two seasons (2x Prem, 1x FA Cup, 2x EFL Cup, 1x Community Shield).

2017-18 and 2018-19 was our best attacking team.

100 points, 32 wins, 106 goals
98 points, 32 wins, 95 goals
198 points, 64 wins, 201 goals over two seasons is incredible!

That side also won 6 trophies in two seasons (2x Prem, 1x FA Cup, 2x EFL Cup, 1x Community Shield).
It's all been downhill since then...

;-)

I think the way we’ve evolved and adapted has been amazing but the centurion season for me.

We literally battered absolutely everybody every week. If we didn’t smash everyone 4-0 with 70% possession it was an off week.

I don’t expect to see anything else like it in my lifetime and I’m only in my early 30s.

And this was right off the back of the media etc slagging Pep off saying he wasn’t cut out for the premiership etc.

The huge FUCK YOU that season was, was amazing.

I don't think there's a case to be made false 9 city is better than centurions City, points are less, goals are less. Maybe a better european side? But we definitely lost more games in the league in this iteration than the 100 and 98 point seasons.

I think the Centurions season was clearly the best team we’ve had in pure statistical terms. However I think it was that season that set in motion an overhaul of English football philosophies, including some new ones, that is still underway and paired with the huge financial investment Premier League clubs have made, has resulted in the league right now being tougher than at any time I can remember.

This title race is, and will continue to be, extremely tough. But not just because Liverpool are a totally different prospect to 17/18, but because the title run in, even against bottom half clubs, won’t be a cake walk. Until this season’s story is told, it will be 18/19 for me, as last season was something of a transition for us.

It's absolutely criminal to say it but maybe not according to BM and the media.

I personally think the 100 season done it for me. Absolutely unprecedented. We were fucking phenomenal.

Fuck the CL. I mean that. It can fuck off. Just a fucking media obsessed and over hyped competition. Chelsea can't lace our fucking boots, but they are are CL champions.

The 100 season. We were fucking imperious. I'm glad I lived to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.