Is this Pep's best version of City?

No. Centurions the best still. Don't think our current side is as good as it was when we won the domestic quad either. We may, and hopefully will end up with a better trophy haul than last season but we didn't improve in the summer. I actually think this is the weakest(and I use that word purely in comparison to ourselves) we've been for a while. Which is a frightening thought for the rest of the league. This upcoming summer I'm expecting 3/4 signings and hopefully no major losses which should see us jump up another level next season and beyond.
I agree, although I think the current squad is very good, without players of the quality of Kompany, Silva and Aguero, it’s just not as good as the Centurions, which was, without doubt, one of the greatest squads ever put together.

Dias is a great replacement for Vinny but we haven’t replaced Merlin with anyone near as good as him and, of course, we haven’t replaced Sergio at all.

In terms of consistency in the league, this team is inferior to the 17/18 and 18/19 teams, partly because of winning a lot of domestic trophies and being less motivated.

But in terms of performances in big games, imo, this is the best City team. The ceiling of this team in big games is higher.

I think i agree that the Centurians team were better than this one, but I think this squad is better. With the Centurians, if Vinny or Sergio or particularly Silva or KDB were absent we were noticably poorer. This current squad can keep up the level with pretty much any absence (although an injury to Rodri worries me hugely)

My take on this is that the Centurions team played the best most open expansive exciting football Ive ever seen. David Silva was at the peak of his powers and the season full of "wow" moments and "wow" performances and "wow" goals. We had blistering pace with Sane and Sterling, I feel we made more chances and more often than not we had an amazing forward line that put them away. I do not think that we were defensively coherent as we are now.

This current team is an absolute monster of a machine in complete working order. Everyone knows their role (Rodri, Cancelo are two examples) and the system and the team´s functioning is (mostly flawless) I do feel absolutely appreciate the brilliance of the team even tho I sometimes feel we are slightly light on quantity "wow" moments going forward and breaking down defences. We dont make enough chances (considering how much of ball we have) and we certainly dont put them away. I think the current team is more physical and defensively tough than is given credit for too.

Both brilliant teams at the peak of their powers and rating and comparing the two is really splitting hairs.

I also think my comment on "wow" moments may be effected by general reduction across football of "get of your seat wow moments" due to VAR but thats another debate.

No. Centurions the best still. Don't think our current side is as good as it was when we won the domestic quad either. We may, and hopefully will end up with a better trophy haul than last season but we didn't improve in the summer. I actually think this is the weakest(and I use that word purely in comparison to ourselves) we've been for a while. Which is a frightening thought for the rest of the league. This upcoming summer I'm expecting 3/4 signings and hopefully no major losses which should see us jump up another level next season and beyond.
We have already signed Alvarez and maybe Haaland soon. Peps penchant for midfielders will mean at least one coming in. Next season promises to have our best team yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.