Is this Pep's best version of City?

Given the squad we have now, he is working wonders for me with this lot.

The truly great squad was when we still had Kompany, Aguero and Silva doing their stuff.

No I feel like we aren't complete without that goalscoring centre forward. The fact we are still on for the big double is a testament to Peps coaching and the hardwork of our squad.

We keep possesion better but are not as dangerous putting chanes away due to the lack of a killer in front of goal.jesus sterling ect need 2 or 3 chances thats the problem.bring in a haaland and iur overplay increases as midfield runners will interact with the powerfull foward.

Given the squad we have now, he is working wonders for me with this lot.

The truly great squad was when we still had Kompany, Aguero and Silva doing their stuff.
Numerous times this season I've heard our squad being referred to as "the best ever assembled in English football history." I think it was Graeme Souness who started it and it's been repeated a few times since. For me, it's debatable whether we even have the best squad in the league this season. It could easily be argued that Liverpool currently have a stronger squad than us.

I think the period between 2017-19 is when we had the finest collection of players in our history, a large proportion of which were around the peak of their powers.

Out of our current squad, these were already here:

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sterling
Mahrez
Jesus

On top of which we had:

A very reliable backup at RB in Danilo.

One of the most exciting wingers in the world in Leroy Sane.

Kompany was still here and although he was no longer a permanent fixture in the side, he did make a spectacular comeback at the end of the 2018-19 season and played a vital role in us winning the title.

Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero were also still at their peak.

Hard to beat that really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.