Is this Pep's best version of City?

Centurians obvs

Dave , vinny and sergio , no best team did / dont have them in , always will be the case
No it isn't won't always be the case, anymore than it was always the case the our best team could only have Bell lee Sumerbee in. Hopefully the team next year will have Haaland Foden Dias KDB Bernardo . Plus any others you care to add.

Reactions: OB1
No it isn't won't always be the case, anymore than it was always the case the our best team could only have Bell lee Sumerbee in. Hopefully the team next year will have Haaland Foden Dias KDB Bernardo . Plus any others you care to add.
Dont agree, wont ever agree , we also had peak kev and sane

Feels the most solid if not the most exciting.
Best is yet to come I think.
Short but sweet, but this is it. Sunday gave us a glimpse of what this team would look like with the brakes off, but there's no way we'd stop Atleti having a shot on target playing like that, and then you are just playing the lottery (as we did with Monaco and Spurs).

And yeah, mad that we are in for a treble with what I, and I'm sure Pep, think is the solid foundations of an incomplete team. Football eh?

I think Colin Bell is now the only player from bygone eras that gets into greatest ever XI and even that is not a shoe-in. Trautman would have to be a contender but, for me, our greatest team has to play Pep Ball and Eddie wins that race.

Once upon a time I never would have thought to leave out the holy trinity of my youth but times have changed and do change. No player is guaranteed of a place forever in our all-time best XI.

I would say though that I doubt we we ever see a better manager than Pep at City; it's possible and we may get someone who wins more trophies during their tenure despite not being at Pep's level.

I think Colin Bell is now the only player from bygone eras that gets into greatest ever XI and even that is not a shoe-in. Trautman would have to be a contender but, for me, our greatest team has to play Pep Ball and Eddie wins that race.

Once upon a time I never would have thought to leave out the holy trinity of my youth but times have changed and do change. No player is guaranteed of a place forever in our all-time best XI.

I would say though that I doubt we we ever see a better manager than Pep at City; it's possible and we may get someone who wins more trophies during their tenure despite not being at Pep's level.
If we win a couple of trophies this year and next,assuming for now that's his last season. I think it would highly unlikely we see anyone surpass Peps trophy haul. A quick tot up in my head says that would be an average of 2 / season for 7 years.

If we win a couple of trophies this year and next,assuming for now that's his last season. I think it would highly unlikely we see anyone surpass Peps trophy haul. A quick tot up in my head says that would be an average of 2 / season for 7 years.

We might get someone who stays longer then Pep; although such tenures are unusual but have better odds than someone actually being a superior talent...

The loss of Sane and non replacement of Aguero means it is not as good as 18/19.

The squad has more experience and maturity in big games and Pep has really managed to push them and find solutions to problems because he is so damn good.

But it is a squad that under any other manager would be struggling in my opinion. Alvarez' signing is a good one. A player with an eye for goal. Haaland signing would see us go up another level.

The way we outperformed Liverpool shows how good we are. The fact it was 2-2 tells you previous sides were better. They would have won that game. What should be said is that this Liverpool squad in an attacking sense is stronger in terms of options. But overall has also declined from 18/19. That's why it is still a fight this season. Both teams are lacking something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.