Is This the end for De Jong?

johnmc said:
Jnr Kisby said:
Disagree. I think we will see more of NDJ and Yaya again this season. Without NDJ our midfield is lightweight, if we were playing Chelsea or scum we would have been seriously exploited down the middle.

Im not saying Barry isn't a good player, he is and thats undisputable, but NDJ really sure's our team up and protects the back four, something I dont think Barry offers, he's much better at link up play than De Jong but we have that talent in Silva & Nasri.

We lost more games last season without De Jong than with him and I think that speaks volumes.

I disagree back. Modric is arguably the best ball player in the league beside our David - but Modric plays more centrally. I didnt see too much of him on Sunday and no doubt his direct competition would have been our defensive midfielder. Now if De Jong was pllaying and Modric did the same everyone would be raving about how quiet Modric was yet because De Jong wasnt playing that praise is not afforded to anyone else. he is the darling of the Dickov/Goater era fans because he does sliding tackles. Stats will show other players pass and tackle more sucessfully yet as he does it like you want a player to do it he is the worlds best.

No problem with what you are saying about last season but we didnt have Nasri and Aguerro, we didnt have a system where we played 4-4-2, now we have and Barry and Yaya can offer something in attack and defence. Both got an assist against Spurs and both had shots on goal. Both kept Modric and Van der Varrt when he dropped deep quiet

I dont buy into your 'dickov/goater' era fans theory at all, absolute rubbish. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but thats what football forums are for!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.