Is top six not good enough?

we have to try for fourth, really go for it, put ourselves on the line, take the challenge, accept the pressure. that's why they got rid of Hughes IMO. he was all too happy to talk down the importance of fourth, he wouldn't accept the pressure or put his balls on the line. we were flattering to deceive. last year we only started playing when it was too late to actually make anything out of the season.

It is not good enough but at the same time, I don't think we deserve any better. If we finish 4th, it is a sad reflection on the rest of the league because I personally think that we are playing terrible football! I know that a new manager needs time but I always thought that left footers played on the left and right footers played on the right. Also, Vieira, Barry and DeJong in the same team? How many defensive midfielders does he want? No wonder our goals scored are significantly less than those above us.
First half Saturday, Sean was brilliant on the right causing a lot of problems. Petrov on the left was having a poor game. Second half, team came out and Mancini had wapped them over. Both were then useless....am I missing something? I just don't understand his thinking at all.

I think top 6 is a good achievement when looking at our direct competition, atm it's Liverpool, Villa and Spurs.
But if we do manage to qualify for CL it will open up doors to bring in some big name players, players who wouldn't be interested in playing UEFA cup.
We need some heavyweights to get the 'contender-tag' and to compare ourselves to Chelsea, the Rags and Arsenal.

I want a trophy grrrrrrrrrr we would have a better chance of winning the europa, we simply wont be ready for chumps league. Yearly progression is what we need

Weird to say it - I've been supporting City since the 80s - but top 6 would not be good enough for me, or good enough to see Mancini stay in the job (although tbh 2nd might not even do that). The amount of flak we would get from all corners for finishing lower than 4th would be immense, even though in reality top 6 would be good progress on paper - the club has been very loud in it's self-promotion and self-confidence plus we spend huge amounts with the aim of getting very good very fast, so it is generally expected that we should be in the top 4 now.

I share some concerns OP that we have changed too much too quickly to have any chance of seriously being top 4, but I think a few wins is the best cure for all - worried fans, nervous players, all would disappear after a few wins on the bounce, and we'd be talking about the chances of catching Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.