Is Wembley fit for purpose ?

It fulfils the brief of being a huge stadium for cup finals and international matches.

It’s utterly soulless now though and once you lose the novelty factor of playing there, it becomes more and more of a chore to make the effort to go there.

I still go for finals, but semis and community shields can do one.

Just a huge corporate bowl, with an arch that can change colours.

I think the pitch invaders not just getting on the pitch but being left completely alone for over a minute on the pitch before anybody even thought about trying to get them off was the most damning thing. Even the players and management were looking puzzled as to why nobody was after them. That's an immense security risk and I suspect they'll be severe punishment for that.

Just be thankful the dippers, Who shamefully didn't even qualify for the tournament, weren't involved in this final, with how easy it is to get into wembley without a ticket it would have been complete and utter carnage that would have made Paris look dignified.

The security deployed in and around that stadium is a joke. Remember that Euro final between England and Italy? Embarrassing. Also, I'm sure the same invader got on TWICE during one of our finals (the Watford game? L.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.