Is winning the league better than CL?

Nothing makes my heart beat faster ,and my nerves go click more than City in PL. CL is just Bonus.

Yes it is PL over CL every time for me winning CL will be like a bonus but PL is the ice on the cake

who knows which one have the most money prize for the champions? with the new TV deal, looks like PL champions will be much richer than UCL champions.

The next step is European glory, as it was for United and Chelsea. However,
I think you need to lay down the foundations with domestic success before European awards come.

It's a difficult one. Mainly because we haven't won the CL so we wouldn't know what it feels like to do it. But from my experiences of the CL so far i am hugely unimpressed on what i believe to be an overrated overly souped-up competition. Although beating Bayern was exciting, it didn't really mean a great deal, and other than that I've not enjoyed the CL at all. I don't know if i was just expecting too much after being in the Europa Lg and thinking the CL was going to be really special, because it really isn't and i've been very disappointed.

The actual football played isn't the sort of football i enjoy. It's full of overly dramatic dives, flops to the floor when a stiff breeze picks up, teams flapping around the pitch wanting the ball kicked out as soon as their player dives to the deck, refs who fall for all that so the games have absolutely no flow to them and it's just constantly and infuriatingly stop-start-stop, shit atmospheres (from us), annoying drums from visiting supporters, tourists everywhere...

So I would always prefer to win the Prem over the CL just because i enjoy the Prem so much more. In the Prem there are many things that aren't right but it is a tougher, faster version of the game with more flow to how the games go. Refs aren't great but ref the games so much more intelligently than the CL refs do. The main thing i really want to change in the Prem is the fucking awful atmospheres that are rife across the league but i don't want to hear drums - drums get fucking annoying after about fifteen minutes.

If we start to beat the bigger teams in the later rounds i'm sure i will start to get more excited by the CL but that won't change anything from the list of negatives about it, apart from maybe getting better atmospheres. But we won't know the answer to the thread title until we go and win the CL.

There's always more luck involved in cup competitions. A few lucky decisions either way can decide a game, or perhaps you get drawn against opponents that suit your style of play. I'd love to win the CL purely because they do their very best with the biased seeding system to make sure no new teams ever win it. But you're only usually considered the best team in Europe if you win the CL and your domestic title in the same year. Nobody was going around claiming Chelsea or Liverpool were the best teams in Europe when they won it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.