Is Yaya already an All Time City Great?

reevomcfc90 said:
Yes

There is no player in the world like him. I had this discussion with a rag yesterday. there is no one else in the world who can pass a ball, beat a man, defend (all be it clumsy), that dominating presence, power, vision, goal threat and all his other attributed rolled into one player if you like at other teams Chelsea Liverpool etc they have to have 2/3 just to match all of yaya attributes that he can bring to a game. yes at times he can be infuriating but is he a liability no he is a legend and possibly with david silva the best players to have ever played for Manchester city ever

I agree with this. What makes him great is he is unique. He has fantastic touch for such a huge frame. He is different to Colin Bell. Bell was also box to box and a brilliant finisher. Ya Ya is stronger physically than Bell was and possibly better in the air (thinking of his QPR bullet header) There is no doubt that his presence alone terrifies teams. The four West ham defenders running away from him on Wednesday says it all

Lomas has a lob on said:
Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure, Silva and Aguero will all go down as City greats.
i dont care what anyone says but you must have tevez in alongside these for how he changed our mentality, our success and our club.

2bluejacko said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure, Silva and Aguero will all go down as City greats.
i dont care what anyone says but you must have tevez in alongside these for how he changed our mentality, our success and our club.

The best in my match going blue lifetime of 31years.

Out of the current squad, Zabaleta, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero are already City all time greats.

Another few seasons and Hart, Nasri, Negredo, Nastasic, Fernandinho and Garcia will be all time greats as well.

WNRH said:
Out of the current squad, Zabaleta, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero are already City all time greats.

Another few seasons and Hart, Nasri, Negredo, Nastasic, Fernandinho and Garcia will be all time greats as well.

something not right here, can't put my finger on it

Without question.

Outstanding technique, wonderful range of passing, scores goals, dictates games, scares the opposition to death and comes to the fore on the big occasion.

Can't be many midfielders that can play centre half in a CL final, speak Russian and discover they can take a free kick at 30.

Leaving aside scoring a winner at Wembley in a Derby Semi, a winner in a cup final to end our 35 years of agony and breaking the back on our title win at Newcastle....him and his brother have a great song that has students singing his name across the country at daft o'clock on a Saturday morning.

All time great? Abso-f*cking-lutely.

Is he fuck - he's just a big lumbering lazy arsed can't be arsed cart horse

And that is what some people think.........................................

But then they probably think Aguero's shit as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.