pvlBjFtl.jpg

2lRObMgl.jpg

WblPEUal.jpg

What's not to like!

Don't forget:

article-0-0BAA35C500000578-391_634x419.jpg

and

106125371_toure_292035c.jpg

The guy scored the only goal in a semi final cup derby before the only goal in the final that won us our first trophy in 35 years. 3x African player of the year world class player who's won the lot and is one of if not the most feared players in the prem. He looks like he might finish his career at City and will probably win us a couple more trophies before he does. History will remember Yaya fondly

manchester blue said:
LoveCity said:
Without any doubt.

And also already one of the greatest midfielders of the Premier League era.

^^^
Agree

Thing about Yaya is that most people, understandably, think of the goals, the free kick threat, the marauding bulldozer runs, and his sheer size and personality - the real eye catching aspects to his game. And he is fantastic in those aspects of the game, no question.

But for me, those elements, while important of course, are secondary to his magnificent touch, peerless passing ability and fantastic footballing intelligence. He's always available, always making angles, his passes not only always find a teammate, they are shaped to make the first touch easy...and he even has great vision! He'd be a premier league great even if he was short, slow, and had a weedy shot.

Just a peerless player.

Braggster said:
manchester blue said:
LoveCity said:
Without any doubt.

^^^
Agree

Thing about Yaya is that most people, understandably, think of the goals, the free kick threat, the marauding bulldozer runs, and his sheer size and personality - the real eye catching aspects to his game. And he is fantastic in those aspects of the game, no question.

But for me, those elements, while important of course, are secondary to his magnificent touch, peerless passing ability and fantastic footballing intelligence. He's always available, always making angles, his passes not only always find a teammate, they are shaped to make the first touch easy...and he even has great vision! He'd be a premier league great even if he was short, slow, and had a weedy shot.

Just a peerless player.

Great Post - Never seen a player play a first time pass so effortlessly

Braggster said:
manchester blue said:
LoveCity said:
Without any doubt.

^^^
Agree

Just a peerless player.
I agree Braggster , his vision and passing is what I love about him ,his surging runs are a bonus . Yaya is in my top 3 city players of all time , Bell & Silva the other 2.

I still see it as being Yaya's assist that won us the league. Not the QPR game, but that ridiculous goal against Newcastle where he basically passed the ball into the back of the net from outside the box. For years we lacked a true big match player, Yaya is this man. When the years roll by we will be talking about this man as a City Legend and rightfully so. If City go on and win the CL then a few others will join the list too. You could say players knocking on the door are Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Zaba

The thing about Yaya, apart from those seminal moments - pick your own - mine being the 2011 semi final goal, is that when this current group 'ages', we will probably have the most difficulty finding the 'next Yaya'. For the undoubted qualities of the likes of Silva and Nasri, there will be players of their ilk when the time comes. Even Serge will be replaced by some 20-30 goal a season 'top striker', but can you name any other player like Yaya? I probably shout at least once a game at him in frustration when he gives one of those sloppy balls, but his contribution is immense to the team, and I'm sure there will be more seminal moments to come from the big man. EVERY other top team in the PL would have him, and he's got to be the most feared player by the opposition - Wednesday being a prime example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.