Is Yaya already an All Time City Great?

We are City not Chelsea said:
The thing about Yaya, apart from those seminal moments - pick your own - mine being the 2011 semi final goal, is that when this current group 'ages', we will probably have the most difficulty finding the 'next Yaya'. For the undoubted qualities of the likes of Silva and Nasri, there will be players of their ilk when the time comes. Even Serge will be replaced by some 20-30 goal a season 'top striker', but can you name any other player like Yaya? I probably shout at least once a game at him in frustration when he gives one of those sloppy balls, but his contribution is immense to the team, and I'm sure there will be more seminal moments to come from the big man. EVERY other top team in the PL would have him, and he's got to be the most feared player by the opposition - Wednesday being a prime example.
speak not of evil things! :)
yeah tbh that's why I'm really hoping we get a couple of quality young cms like gundogan and pogba, can't replace him but it would soften the blow, seen a bit more of this zuculini too, high hopes for him.

His size and physique make him a veritable coliseum.

He strides through defences like Gulliver on his travails.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I've asked this question before, but how does he compare to Bell, both in terms of style of play and his importance to the team?

Bell is a City Legend but you can't compare him with Yaya. They are 35 years apart and it was a different game in those days. City were also a different team and perhaps not so suited for top European opposition. We were knocked out of the European Cup early doors in 1969 by some Turkish outfit if my memory serves me correctly.

Bell, in his era, was a colossus in his own way. We only won the league once but should have won it in 1973 and probably 1978 (though he was only making a come-back at that time from his injury).

Bell's career ended quite young as well. Was he 27 or 28 when he packed it in after the Buchan tackle ? So Yaya is already older than him but with also just the one Premiership title behind him and he's been with us 3 and a half seasons.

Yaya is a colossus at European Championship level and has proven it. This City team is already in the post-group stages of the Champions League so has better European credentials than the team of 1969 (European Cup) - but how much of that is due to the better quality of team around him ?

Like I said, comparisons are all about conjecture, supposition and opinions.

Without doubt, Yaya is becoming a city great. I believe this season he will cement that place as it's all about winning trophies and he will take us over the line.
Silva's not bad though!

We are City not Chelsea said:
The thing about Yaya, apart from those seminal moments - pick your own - mine being the 2011 semi final goal, is that when this current group 'ages', we will probably have the most difficulty finding the 'next Yaya'. For the undoubted qualities of the likes of Silva and Nasri, there will be players of their ilk when the time comes. Even Serge will be replaced by some 20-30 goal a season 'top striker', but can you name any other player like Yaya? I probably shout at least once a game at him in frustration when he gives one of those sloppy balls, but his contribution is immense to the team, and I'm sure there will be more seminal moments to come from the big man. EVERY other top team in the PL would have him, and he's got to be the most feared player by the opposition - Wednesday being a prime example.

many young midfielders will be dubbed "the next yaya toure" .

just like wonderkids are now being dubbed "the new messi", "the new zlatan" etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.