Is Yaya already an All Time City Great?

Puppet Master Silva said:
Quagmire blue said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:
Yaya Toure is the correct answer to that old thought experiment of having 11 of one particular player to win the league with. i daresay that 11 Yayas would walk the league and no other team comprised of 11 duplicates would be within shouting distance by January (except the team of 11 Zabaletas).
You wouldn't get the ball off 11 Silvas!

You'd struggle to score because none of them can shoot.
Did you see his goal against west ham? ;)<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:59 am --<br /><br />Anyway to answer the OP I would say he's a definite City legend already, he's made a huge impact.

Quagmire blue said:
Quagmire blue said:

Did you see his goal against west ham? ;)

-- Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:59 am --

Anyway to answer the OP I would say he's a definite City legend already, he's made a huge impact.

I'd think Arsenal would of been a more recent and better example, but Dave can't shoot for shit anyway.

I think he has to be on several levels.

Amongst best players in the world while playing for us: Recognised as a World XI in a lot of places (recently in L'Equipe's squad for that.) Multiple time African player of the year (including again awarded today). Balloon D'Or finalist (I think this year.)

Also on a symbolic level - that we got him while in his prime showed our transition into the global elite.

Also in particular for his importance in the Cup win. (Which also was a sort of shot across the bow of what had been the domestic status quo.)

m7mcfc said:
In my view yes just for the goals against Utd in the semi and Stoke in the final.

His two goals against Newcastle in the penultimate match of our title winning season often go without the recognition they deserve.
In big games, more often than not Yaya plays a blinder. Sergio's winner aside, he's arguably scored the three most important goals in our history.

Quagmire blue said:
Did you see his goal against west ham? ;)

-- Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:59 am --

Anyway to answer the OP I would say he's a definite City legend already, he's made a huge impact.

I'd think Arsenal would of been a more recent and better example, but Dave can't shoot for shit anyway.
Shooting's not his best asset but he's still scored a few crackers in his career so I'd disagree there. Besides, I never mentioned anything about shooting, I just said you wouldn't get the ball off him.

Absolutely one of the greatest players to wear the shirt. If he's good enough to win African Player of the Year three years running, it sort of says it all doesn't it.

Quagmire blue said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:
Yaya Toure is the correct answer to that old thought experiment of having 11 of one particular player to win the league with. i daresay that 11 Yayas would walk the league and no other team comprised of 11 duplicates would be within shouting distance by January (except the team of 11 Zabaletas).

I'd like to see a team comprised of 11 Fernandinhos tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.