Is Yaya already an All Time City Great?

It's a very good question, I'd have to answer yes he is.

He's made, to date, 161 appearances for City, scoring 43 goals, which is pretty decent in it's own right, but doesn't leap off the page as a clear all time great. However when you consider the importance of certain goals he's scored, and the success he's helped to bring to this club in his time here, then I think he can be legitimately classed as an all time great. The winning goal in the FA Cup semi Final against United swiftly followed by the winning goal in the FA Cup final against Stoke went a long way towards cementing him as an all time great. In 15, 20, or even 30 years time we'll be talking about those goals and that cup win (with it being our first trophy for over 3 decades) and Yaya's name will be one forever associated with our return to the top.

Sergio Aguero is another name which might well go down as an all time great. Personally I think he's not quite there yet, just 108 appearance, albeit with 67 goals, so that needs to be added to. If he breaks the 100 goals barrier then he's a shoe in as an all time great, as we don't have too many who've achieved that in our history. His name will always be associated with that goal however, and for as long as football exists City fans will remember the name Sergio Aguero.

Yes

There is no player in the world like him. I had this discussion with a rag yesterday. there is no one else in the world who can pass a ball, beat a man, defend (all be it clumsy), that dominating presence, power, vision, goal threat and all his other attributed rolled into one player if you like at other teams Chelsea Liverpool etc they have to have 2/3 just to match all of yaya attributes that he can bring to a game. yes at times he can be infuriating but is he a liability no he is a legend and possibly with david silva the best players to have ever played for Manchester city ever

Yaya is a boss. He is already a City legend.

The fans that doubt him are mad!

NQCitizen said:
aguero93:20 said:
NQCitizen said:
Yaya
Sergio
Vinnie
Silva
Zaba

City Legends!
and Negredo and Fernandinho fast on their way, are we allowed 7 from this team?

Sami too! Player of the season so far? ;)
Overall he's edging it, 8 players from one team ain't bad, we'll have to have a 2010-2014 room in the hall of fame! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.