Is Zabaleta the most passionate City player ever?

Of the last 15 years I would say yes, but he is probably there or there abouts with quite a few in terms of most passionate ever.

you could.argue every generation has them

Not i my lifetime but I would guess Billy Meredith, the Barnes family, Mike Doyle, Tony Book, Lake/brightwell/white, Uwe, and many more have all been as passionate (and some continue to be after leaving)

Surprised someone hasn't mentioned Dunney Monster. He was City to the bone. Just had a bit if a falling out because of Hughes. But I bet he still loves the club.

Last edited:
Special mention for Andy Morrison. I can still hear the noise of his tackle from behind on ex-rag David Johnson, I think in a League Cup tie against Ipswich which was abandoned after a storm.

Of the last 15 years I would say yes, but he is probably there or there abouts with quite a few in terms of most passionate ever.

you could.argue every generation has them

Not i my lifetime but I would guess Billy Meredith, the Barnes family, Mike Doyle, Tony Book, Lake/brightwell/white, Uwe, and many more have all been as passionate (and some continue to be after leaving)
Yes every generation has these players the guy asked (because he's a new blue) about passionate players Peter Barnes no he went to the dark side . Andy Morrison and yes of course zabba and Kompany but Mike Doyle was something else

For me Richard Dunne will forever hold the most passionate crown with Zaba a very close second. Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart are also extremely passionate players of the present era and Mike Doyle & Paul Lake of the 'older' generation of players.

Yes every generation has these players the guy asked (because he's a new blue) about passionate players Peter Barnes no he went to the dark side . Andy Morrison and yes of course zabba and Kompany but Mike Doyle was something else

Ken barnes was my reason for naming the family and I am able to look past players moving to them especially as (in barnes case) he played for 4 other clubs inbetween, just like I can accept their ex players coming to us like goater, andy hill, terry cooke (but not them ****s schmieichel and lesley hughes).

I think it will generational for every fan who they deem most pasionate, but zab is up there in the top 10 along with dunne, doyle, bell, buzzzer etc as I said the measure is what happens once they have left, Niall Quinn and Paul Wlash are great examples, passionate whilst working for us, turned out to be not so much when commenting on us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.