Is Zabaleta the most passionate City player ever?

Head and shoulders Mike Doyle, born an bred he supported City from being a kid and played every game as though it mattered.

Taking nothing away from Zab and Andy Morrison, who are passionate players who grew to love the club, but Doyle lived the dream of every supporter and it showed, his hatred of red shit was the real deal.

Ken barnes was my reason for naming the family and I am able to look past players moving to them especially as (in barnes case) he played for 4 other clubs inbetween, just like I can accept their ex players coming to us like goater, andy hill, terry cooke (but not them ****s schmieichel and lesley hughes).

I think it will generational for every fan who they deem most pasionate, but zab is up there in the top 10 along with dunne, doyle, bell, buzzzer etc as I said the measure is what happens once they have left, Niall Quinn and Paul Wlash are great examples, passionate whilst working for us, turned out to be not so much when commenting on us.
I'm not disagreeing with you and every generation has it's favoured Peter came from a family of blues Mike was also on city's books and Peter is still blue and as a blue the only time I go near that place is when city play

Head and shoulders Mike Doyle, born an bred he supported City from being a kid and played every game as though it mattered.

Taking nothing away from Zab and Andy Morrison, who are passionate players who grew to love the club, but Doyle lived the dream of every supporter and it showed, his hatred of red shit was the real deal.
Had the good fortune to meet Mick and the above comment about him is 100% correct. He loved City as a fan and hated the Rags as a fan does.

I love Zab but Mike Doyle was the man.
When he walked slowly through the vermin on the pitch with that look of "come on then, try me..." and none of them went near him.
I'll never forget that moment.

In my life time Zaba and a few others have been very good, but Mike Doyle is THE MAN - any day of the week.
The man bled sky blue blood. Every kick and every header mattered.
And his grandson (and Glyn Pardoe's gransdon as well) Tommy is a chip off the old block in the U15s - hellishly skillful with it too.

He's the most passionate non-Brit I reckon.

This, hard to compare a Mancunian with a non Manc as the former has grown up with it, I know my love for City and hatred for Uni*** was shaped to a large degree at school and the streets of Cheetham Hill and Moston. I think Zabba is the most passionate non Brit player we have ever had though, even his accent has many Manc nuances.
True legend

I'm too young to have ever seen him play, but its Mike Doyle.

hart, dunne, morrison and dickov from what I've seen though

Just curious, is there a site of a list of players who have actually come from the Manchester City area? I know Michael Johnson was one. But it would be interesting to see a demographic chart of what clubs have the most home-grown players....

I love Zab but Mike Doyle was the man.
When he walked slowly through the vermin on the pitch with that look of "come on then, try me..." and none of them went near him.
I'll never forget that moment.

I was watching that recently and you are correct, he really didn't give a shit about them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.