Isco (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can but he is an attacking midfielder. Would you say Isco plays the same position as Thiago or Gundoguan? No. And sure he could replace one of those two but that leaves us with Merlin, KDB, Raheem and Isco. One of those four on the bench for every match will leave someone VERY unhappy.

----------Aguero/Sterling
-----Isco------Silva---De Bruyne

We'd be foolish to let Isco slip off our hands. Thankfully, the spanish duo at the helm know why this is a must. A lot of folks have been calling for a striker in January and that is understandable but i think we already have a back-up striker in our ranks, albeit not out-to-out in Raheem but who has proven time and again that he's more dangerous playing centrally. With the number of games that we have to do without our star man on the increase, it makes all the sense in the world to have Sterling back Sergio up, imo.

Isco on the other hand, is made for that left hand side of our attack (even though he's probably better in the hole). His impressive work rate would just mean that we don't have to trade our balance for his atacking genius.

I'll gladly defer CM and LB till summer if we manage to lay our hands on this rare gem right now.

Already class and could be the future replacement for Silva, although he'd get in the team now.

isco is a very Gurdiola friendly signing. Can play anywhere, is incredibly intelligent on the ball and has a Tevez like attitude in defence, which occasionally gets him in trouble - like his red card in the Classico this season, but more often wins the ball back quickly.

I think this would be the end for Nasri though, but Isco being cup tied would mean we wouldn't have an awkward situation like with Bony/Jovetic.

Agh..I want to believe this one so much.

Let's face it as much as we love our Dave there will be a time when he'll go through what Xavi did and what Iniesta is doing at Barca. He's nearly 30 and won't be able to play every game at a high level and will need to be rested. We need an heir to Merlin and Isco is that man. Not sure if he'd like not having to play in the CL this season, but he doesn't seem happy not playing any games at the moment.

Planning for the future, Silva's natural successor and can easily play in the same side as him now. No brainer if he's genuinely available. Madrid would be mad to let him go but given their recent record of letting players leave it's not out of the question. Would mean the end for someone in the squad though, most likely Nasri.

He's not getting game time at Real but would he get anymore with us?
Wondering that myself. Could he be bought as a future replacement for Silva?

Reality is, one sad day (hopefully in the distant future) Silva will get old and start diminishing. Nasri and Navas are probably going to be replaced soon.

Rags probably don't have a chance after their poor start and the way they fucked Real Madrid with De Gea. Love em or hate em, you don't mess with Real.

Get him in on loan for the 2nd half of the season with a guaranteed transfer in the summer. Manuel can help settle him in Manchester then pep takes over and makes him a vital cog in the new vibrant Manchester city!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.