Isco

Didn't know about that girlfriend moment though.

Well, we won't see many players going there as Bayern are only club that can realistically buy player that is heavily wanted by big clubs.

But with all romantic bollocks Guardiola is surrounded by, he can certainly tempt lot of them to join Bayern if he would want them.

blink922 said:
MSP said:
Only because Bilbao didn't want to sell cheaper. Martinez himself wanted Bayern from very beginning. That was not happening before, few years ago he would finish in Premier League.

They were always paying good their players but I guess they have decided to compete with anyone if they want player now. They certainly have money and with Saint Guardiola factor they could become another serious threat on transfer market.

I think one of the main reasons he wanted to move there (other than being a top club) is that his girlfriend is German and wanted to go back. I still doubt we'll see many top players move to the Bundesliga, or at least more than normal.
I think it's only a matter of time before the Bundesliga is the number one league. More and more too players head there every season.

Don't think the top players will go to Germany, German language is a disadvantage and in the Americas, Africa, Asia and most of the global markets you would barely know that the Bundesliga exists

blink922 said:
MSP said:
Only because Bilbao didn't want to sell cheaper. Martinez himself wanted Bayern from very beginning. That was not happening before, few years ago he would finish in Premier League.

They were always paying good their players but I guess they have decided to compete with anyone if they want player now. They certainly have money and with Saint Guardiola factor they could become another serious threat on transfer market.

I think one of the main reasons he wanted to move there (other than being a top club) is that his girlfriend is German and wanted to go back. I still doubt we'll see many top players move to the Bundesliga, or at least more than normal.

His girlfriend is Spanish. But she has spent a month in Germany before and learned German for 2 years before her move. And even if she moved to Germany a month after he went, they even do not live together as she wants to live on her own account and earn her keep...

There is a couple of young Spanish players that went to Germany this year - not only Martinez.

Martinez turned down every other offer as soon Bayern had contacted him - even Barcelona. At Barcelona he probably would have had to fight for playing time.

Germany is seen as the biggest thread for their national team and Del Bosque, their national coach, watches a lot of the Bayern matches. And he seems to have had a warm spot for Bayern since the Bayern loss in the CL final '99.

-------------------------------

To Isco and Bayern

There might be a lot factors that might attract him to Bayern. The club itself and the league where some of his friends play especially Martinez - Guardiola - or maybe two Ex-Bayern-Players that still have good contacts to Munich and still love the club Demichelis and Santa Cruz.

But - Bayern's philosophy is to first look for players in their youth, then for Germans - and then for players on the market. We have a couple of great prospects in the youth set-up for the offensive midfield, Germany has an abundance in this sector...

Yep, PSG and now Bayern coming to the top table. This is why we should have bit the bullet and paid the money for Hazard and RVP in the summer and stepped up a level. More big fish in the pond now.

EalingBlue2 said:
Don't think the top players will go to Germany, German language is a disadvantage and in the Americas, Africa, Asia and most of the global markets you would barely know that the Bundesliga exists

It is not that bad. Yes, the EPL is broadcasted more and in Southamerica La Liga (even if mainly Real and Barca are the target) - but the Bundesliga gets its share and it is getting better every year. Bayern might be the only real global player right now, but certainly not much behind the best EPL teams. When Bayern flew to China last summer there have been at least a thousand fans on the airport.

And it is an attractive league, a big fan base, nice stadiums - and the wages are paid in time.

The Malaga v Celta game is about to kick off and Isco is starting. He should dominate this game so it isn't really a fair reflection on how good he is but still for those who haven't watched him play here is a chance.

CTID101 said:
The Malaga v Celta game is about to kick off and Isco is starting. He should dominate this game so it isn't really a fair reflection on how good he is but still for those who haven't watched him play here is a chance.

Celta just made it 1-1 so hopefully Malaga will come to life a bit now. Didn't watch the first half but if it was anything like the second it's dog awful with Isco anonymous.

Tevez City said:
I think City should keep looking, I am not sure if Isco can reach Mata's potential or Hazard.

Isco is as good as both off them and has potential greater, the guy is top quality, people on here make me laugh saying isco isnt of the right quality, i would wage a bet that isco will be playing and performing for a the top 1/2 club in one of the top 3 leagues in the world within a maximum of two years. The guy is rated as the next iniesta, this is not by word of mouth but by performances and abillity he posseses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.