Isco

Re: Isco (Part 8 (weekend saga part 3))

It's going to be mayhem on here if Isco does sign for Madrid.

Mi thinks Ric and the MODS need to be on top form for a few days.

However.

Come the start of the season against Newcastle, and when the first whistle is blown, hand on heart, how many of you will think about Isco?

Blue Haze said:
We learn the lesson once again- speed is everything. For 27 days of the January window, Isco had a 17m buyout. Many on the forum begged City to act. We didn't act. He signed his new contract on 28 January. Then all the messing around with Pellegrini's confirmation, letting him go to the U21 and having an outstanding performance.

We waited too long, each time thinking we could get a better price later. Whatever we were trying to save wasn't worth what we lost. Meanwhile Perez just rolled in and slapped down the cash, game over.

He had a 17 mill buyout that he didnt want to trigger. He wanted the new contract on a higher buyout so that Malaga could get a decent fee this summer.

jrb said:

However.

Come the start of the season against Newcastle, and when the first whistle is blown, hand on heart, how many of you will think about Isco?

Me, he'll be banging it in their net.

tonycunninghamsbonce said:
I told you all on page 283 to put your keyboards away. Our own itk's have fed us disinformation for their own gain.

jzwpb4.jpg

BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:
onceabluealways said:
Didn't ISCO say I will decide my future yesterday - that didn't happen either unless he has decided and no formal release anywhere yet.

If he has told us he's not coming, would have expected to hear something from the club.

According to AS (inb4 "Spanish media!"), the hold up is whether Real Madrid will loan Cheryshev to Malaga. People saying Isco's quotes are old are wrong - he said it yesterday and was reported to be very excited as he said it. I think people are really clutching at straws - every bit of evidence points to a Real Madrid move and the player himself implied it without being able to confirm it (as the clubs are in the final haggling process over the loan of a player before it's all signed). AS say it could be announced Thursday or Friday.

1372035992_892077_1372036108_noticia_normal.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffutbol.as.com%2Ffutbol%2F2013%2F06%2F24%2Fprimera%2F1372035992_892077.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 92077.html</a>

Completely agree with this. I'm not a pessimist when it comes to City and transfers, but it strikes me that this deal is done to Madrid.

Really surprises me though that people think this is such a blow if we don't sign him. The characteristics which Isco has can be found in many players across Europe. Isco just happens to be flavour of the month and one of the easier transfers to do because his club are financially fucked and therefore have to sell him.

I guess the fact he appears to be an easier transfer is a reason people would be more disappointed. He seems very attainable, and we have his "footballing father" as manager.
Would Suarez, bale, even rues be better- probably yes, but nowhere near as achieve able (and of course we haven't been linked).

I guess it's the "so near but so far" feel about this that would disappoint so many.

Eds said:
The quote I have seen is this:- Speaking to AS, Isco refused to confirm who he would be signing for but did say of Real: "Madrid excites me. They are one of the best teams in the world."

It doesn't say he is or isn't signing for them in fact it says fuck all

Clutching at straws.

More than likely he has gone to Madrid. In any case it's his loss, we would have treated him as a superstar here.

We move on, we've still got the best squad and our season doesn't hang on this signing.

jrb said:

However.

Depends who plan B is. If we end up sticking with Scott Sinclair I will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.