Isco

Claytop said:
kp789 said:
Reality check guys. We have 'lost out' to Real Madrid, not Staines or Wrexham. REAL MADRID, they are a bigger footballing power than we are. Accept it.

There's no disgrace in losing a player to such a club, the only frustrating thing is that at one point it seemed we pretty much had him. He wanted first team football and Pellegrini (his footballing father) had given him guarantees on this.

What were we doing towards the end of last week when Zidane was selling him 'the dream'?
Isco knew he would get contact from Madrid. Lets say we had offered him a deal to sign, I would guess he would have wanted to discuss his options we both prospective parties.

If you had 2 job interviews and were offered both jobs, you would weigh things up, discuss it with your family etc. You would not just jump at the first offer. You want to listen to both sides and see which is more attractive. Much thought goes into it. Unfortunately, at this moment in time Madrid is a more attractive option.

For those of you who keep saying "let it go, we didn't lose out to a League One side."

News flash, we don't play in League One. And last I checked, Financial Fair Play was a rule created to BAN US from European competition. This excuse annoys the fuck out of me. We need to get these deals done ASAP.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gio's side step said:
cityman14364 said:
this really is for me the post of this thread,excellent JMW.

It was until I saw this

You can't argue about his status and global appeal, even if we can agree about his limited ability.

It was the fact that you referenced him after the term 'world class player'. Agreed with all the others. Beckham was a very good player who made the most out of his ability. And agree re: his status and global appeal. But sorry to be pedantic as your post was excellent, but he is never in the class of Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc

NorthernBoy said:
Isco Would Be Lovely To Watch No Doubt, But In The Bigger Picture We Currently Have In Place A Squad, A Manager, And A Structure More Than Capable Of Winning The Premier League And Competing At The Highest Level In All Major Competitions. Even More Exciting Is The Prospect Of The Club Ever Growing Season After Season, We Now Have A Blueprint To Ensure We Are The Greatest. Next Season Will Be Thrilling, It Seems We Will See At Least One New Signing Before The Season Starts And I Believe We Will Witness The Best Football We've Seen At The Etihad.
Times Are Changing, Try Not To Get Hung Up Or Frustrated When We Don't Capture The Signatures Of Certain Players, It Could Be Worse, You Could Have Been Unfortunate And Born Into A Family Supporting Someone Else.
That must take you ages to capitalise every word.

alky313 said:
For those of you who keep saying "let it go, we didn't lose out to a League One side."

News flash, we don't play in League One. And last I checked, Financial Fair Play was a rule created to BAN US from European competition. This excuse annoys the fuck out of me. We need to get these deals done ASAP.
We are not in the same proverbial league as Madrid though.

firstly that independant piece of crap is yesterdays news,and secondly isco said YESTERDAY they excite me? oh lord,and thirdly this is happy tuesday ok,i want to be happy so no negative shit.

SWP's back said:
NorthernBoy said:
Isco Would Be Lovely To Watch No Doubt, But In The Bigger Picture We Currently Have In Place A Squad, A Manager, And A Structure More Than Capable Of Winning The Premier League And Competing At The Highest Level In All Major Competitions. Even More Exciting Is The Prospect Of The Club Ever Growing Season After Season, We Now Have A Blueprint To Ensure We Are The Greatest. Next Season Will Be Thrilling, It Seems We Will See At Least One New Signing Before The Season Starts And I Believe We Will Witness The Best Football We've Seen At The Etihad.
Times Are Changing, Try Not To Get Hung Up Or Frustrated When We Don't Capture The Signatures Of Certain Players, It Could Be Worse, You Could Have Been Unfortunate And Born Into A Family Supporting Someone Else.

LOL. Remarkable

SWP's back said:
NorthernBoy said:
He can probably do press ups with his little finger, the amount it hammers the Shift key.

cityman14364 said:
firstly that independant piece of crap is yesterdays news,and secondly isco said YESTERDAY they excite me? oh lord,and thirdly this is happy tuesday ok,i want to be happy so no negative shit.

Textbook defintion of self-deception

Broady_pie1505 said:
cityman14364 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
There are a bunch of immature, clueless, aggressive, mard arse, disrespectful and stupid posters in this thread who quite evidently haven't got a scooby about what they're talking about.

These posters just sulk and woman because they don't get what they want. They moan because they have lost sight of who we are and where we came from. They think just because our owner is rich, and because we have won a single league title and FA Cup that we have the right to buy who we want, that everyone should just want to come here and other clubs should bow down and sell us who we want to buy. These fans are being rags.

Txiki and Ferran are consummate professionals, and they are excellent at what they do. This does not make them messiahs. There is one quite colossal difference between their roles at Barca and City and that is that they now have to work at a club with a far smaller global reputation and less appeal than what they had behind them at Barca. They've been here less than a year and they are already making huge strides of progress, but if you honestly expect them to be able to persuade every great talent to come here then you are foolish at this stage, because they have far less to sell to these players than the likes of Real Madrid. Zidane can pick up a phone and sell 70 years of illustrious Madrid history, all the Champions Leagues, La Ligas and world class players that have been there (Himself, Figo, Beckham, the Ronaldos, Casillas, Di Stefano, Puskas, Raul etc. etc. etc.).

He can sell Madrid as the greatest club in the world, in the capital of the lad's home country and the dream club of at least 50% of every Spanish youngster. Txiki and Ferran have a club that at best has a tiny amount of that kind of history in comparison. We are a great club and we've had some success but when you're trying to sell this to foreign players it is nothing sadly in comparison to Real Madrid, very few clubs can stand up to that stature.

We tried our best and he was interested, but it seems at this stage and it's a perfectly fair conclusion that Madrid have more to offer him, at least on the surface, and it seems Zidane has done a superb job of selling him their club. That's not to say Txiki didn't either, because for Isco to even admit interest is enough to say we did a good selling job, the fact is at the moment Txiki has nowhere near as much behind him to sell at City as Zidane has at Madrid, and Txiki isn't the only person great at his job. This is Zidane you're talking about, a legendary attacking midfielder one that Isco can only dream of emulating, a legend. All the hard work that Txiki and Ferran have already done reshaping the club on and off the pitch is designed to put us on a par within 5 years within Real Madrid in everything except long term trophy cabinet, but that is something that will pale into insignificance once we can demonstrate we can compete at their level.

So to these frankly imbeciles blabbering on about how we've failed and moaning your arses off why not shut the fuck up, grow up, engage your brain and understand where we are at, what we're trying to do and where we are compared to the elite clubs in Europe. We're not there yet, and it's nothing to be ashamed about and it's certainly not a failure.

this really is for me the post of this thread,excellent JMW.

agree with some of that mate but sounds a little defeatist to me, we are aware of where we cam from and what we are trying to do but there is nothing wrong in people being frustrated by all this, it shows ambition, not the desire to simply roll the red carpet out to the "galacticos" just because we are little old city. gone are those days and that is what Txiki etc have been brought in for and it has failed on this occasion, so just let people sound off and get rid of the feeling of disappointment we all have at losing out on Isco.

it wont change the fact we will all be there first game of the season side by side cheering on the mighty blues!!

it's not defeatist. It's recognising that whilst we had interested a talented player who has captured everyone's imagination with his recent performances once a club like Madrid comes in with a serious offer they currently have more to offer in terms of appeal than we do.

The club will continue to grow and that is where Txiki and Ferran's hard work should pay off. This doesn't mean they are perfect and they do have to adjust as well to working for us, and maybe a couple of the Barca tactics may not work with us as we are not at that established level e.g. perhaps making Malaga pay Pellegrini's compensation is a mistake when you don't have the clout of Barca in future negotiations. It's dissappointing to lose out to Isco but he's one player and now we'll see whether or not he was just Pellegrini's pet project and a nice bonus to have or whether we really felt we needed someone in that mould, because if we do then I expect these guys to go off and sign someone suitable.

Last year we missed De Rossi and got Garcia, missed Hazard and got Sinclair. This year we've upgraded on both straight away and there will be a couple more in the pipeline. There may still be a goodwill signing for Pellegrini as well, it will just unfortunately not be the one he really wanted, but there's no shame in missing out to a much bigger club at this phase of our development. If we had retained the league and had a run in the CL like Dortmund then it would be far more dissappointing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.