Isco

Stoned Rose said:
cityfan41 said:
Say there are no more incomings and no more outgoings,
would people be happy that the current squad could compete
on all four fronts next season. I think yes.

I think we'd compete much better than last year.

In reality we have got 5 'new' players-

1. Fernandinho
2. Navas
3. Rodwell (should be fully fit and therefore we get to use the 'real' him)
4. Richards (back from injury and raring to go)
5. Aguero (back to fitness, after having a very stop-start season last year).

Pellegrini will also use the squad differently / better. For example I dont think he will use Garcia and Kolarov in the stubborn way Mancini did.

Our squad today is imho the best in the league. It just needs using properly.

I'm hoping Kolorov will be moved on - never rated him. As for Garcia - the jury is still out. To answer the original post I think we need striker as I'm not convinced that Dzeko will do the job (I know many posters on here think they will see a miraculous change in him when we play to his strengths).

As for Isco I'll be honest in saying that I've only seen him playing for Malaga a couple of times and Spain only one or twice too. IMO he looks a good prospect but I just don't see him as a "must have" player. It would be good to find a midfielder who can play on the left as we don't have anyone that is consistantly effective there at the moment - but I think we have other positions we need to strengthen first in particular a new striker. We have a couple of months left let's use them instead of chasing lost causes.

oakiecokie said:
DIEHARDMCFAN said:
oakiecokie said:
Another one with "thin" skin.

I'm not talking to you, alright.
Let's see if you are a " thick " skin one.

SHUT THE ____ UP

Mmmmmmmm.Looks like I proved my point !

-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:10 am --

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Pigeonho said:
Can he choose the word that goes in that space? 'hell'? 'fuck'? 'frig'?
blankety-blank-e1331713324474.jpg

No mate,thats whats between DIEMANS lugholes !! ;)

You said you proved your point?
So did I, eh
You are a " thin " skin one as well then, lol.

Just stop it ok, mate.
I've nothing against you but just response to your post that regards to mine, that's all.
We all are blue anyway more or less ; )

Let's hope we all have a dISCO party later on.
Cheers,

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Neil McNab said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
How pathetic some people are on this thread. I fucking worry for a lot of you if you ever face a real life crisis. Actually I dont as I dont know most of you but im guessing it would be like a car crash in slow motion
Make your mid up, you're worried a lot and then you're not, that's a bit pathetic.

-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 am --

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Thiago now then?
Going to United, keep up.

I never said I was worried a lot I thought I would worry about you lot of pathetic individuals but then realised I dont actually know many of you so dont give a fuck. Grow a pair you fucking 5yr old moaner
Do you ever make any sense or make any comment that you actually understand, if you don't give a fuck why post a nonsensical comment, as for moaning it seems to be your forte as well as being a cliche

Stoned Rose said:
OB1 said:
cityfan41 said:

I say "no", which is why I am massively unimpressed that we seem to have failed to sign Cavani and Isco. However, the window is not closed yet so we shall have to wait and see if the club will do more to increase the quality of the squad.

I saw one article that said City will not be looking for an alternative to Isco, which I find strange as I think we need another creative player. Silva, in particular, needs more competition and also needs to be rested more often.

Navas is a directly creative player. Fernandinho is a player who facilitates the opportunities / conditions for the creative players to create.

Quality additions. Absolutely.

Agreed, but I think we need a poacher, we made SO many chances last year and our finishing was so bad, I think if we got David Villa (or someone of that type) we'd bang them in for fun. I honestly think we need a goal hanger.

Could it still be on?

'@FalconaPJ: Clients off to Malaga #Marbella on an emptyleg flight from #Manchester ✈☀ <a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/JYDVdHViBe'" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/JYDVdHViBe'</a>

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNl021vCAAABRA_.jpg[/bigimg]

zr6eSH0.jpg

charliebigspuds said:
kp789 said:
BringBackSwales said:
how the heck do you know that he has no alternative? We are hardly likely to be going after the alternative when we are still after the number 1 target - we are still in June FFS
We also do have Nasri!

personally I don't think the French surrender merchant can be depended upon, got the ability but no bottle!
He showed at Arsenal he could, but he needs to do it this season.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am --<br /><br />
Stoned Rose said:
OB1 said:
cityfan41 said:

I say "no", which is why I am massively unimpressed that we seem to have failed to sign Cavani and Isco. However, the window is not closed yet so we shall have to wait and see if the club will do more to increase the quality of the squad.

I saw one article that said City will not be looking for an alternative to Isco, which I find strange as I think we need another creative player. Silva, in particular, needs more competition and also needs to be rested more often.

Navas is a directly creative player. Fernandinho is a player who facilitates the opportunities / conditions for the creative players to create.

Quality additions. Absolutely.
Game. Set. Match.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
It is assuming we had a deal agreed with Malaga, depending on the source they were playing hard ball and it could have been down to the Pellegrini compensation, or they could just have wanted the full buyout which we didn't deem a good deal, there's a lot of possibilities that require different lessons to be learnt depending on which holds the most truth.

The question here is could we have secured Isco if we had just paid the release clause before the U21's? If we could and didn't, I think we will have made a mistake, possibly a very big one. However, football is a team / squad game and there is more than one way to skin a cat so it is not a mistake that cannot be mitigated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.