Isco

Re: 15.Co

I don't think we will be in a bidding war with Liverpool or anyone else. At the end of the day it is all down to the player and where he wants to go. Been and done that before in the Sanchez deal we offered more than Barca but he still went there. If he wants to join up with Pellegrini again and has his heart set on City and provided RM cover their losses I suspect he would come to us.

Rammyblues said:
I don't think we will be in a bidding war with Liverpool or anyone else. At the end of the day it is all down to the player and where he wants to go. Been and done that before in the Sanchez deal we offered more than Barca but he still went there. If he wants to join up with Pellegrini again and has his heart set on City and provided RM cover their losses I suspect he would come to us.

... And the Red Dippers won't be able to either match our valuation or pay the fee upfront. This I probably an idle bit of journalism - where have we seen that before.

avi.singh9993 said:
Liverpool submitting 37m bid for isco as "replacement " of gerrard. Is it wise to go on a bidding war starting from 37m.
Also real madrid will sell only to highest bidder.
£37m? I would be very shocked if they would be prepared to pay that. I was thinking the other day if they could keep Suarez and managed to off Aspas and buy Diego Costa that would be a seriously lethal strike force. Can imagine Costa and Suarez working well together

M24 Citizen said:
avi.singh9993 said:
Liverpool submitting 37m bid for isco as "replacement " of gerrard. Is it wise to go on a bidding war starting from 37m.
£37m? I would be very shocked if they would be prepared to pay that. I was thinking the other day if they could keep Suarez and managed to off Aspas and buy Diego Costa that would be a seriously lethal strike force. Can imagine Costa and Suarez working well together

They'd certainly qualify for the nastiest partnership in football.

M24 Citizen said:
avi.singh9993 said:

Aye because Sturridge has been utter tosh.

Kun Aguero said:
M24 Citizen said:
avi.singh9993 said:

Didn't say he had been but their title aspirations would significantly increase with 3 top strikers to rotate

M24 Citizen said:
Kun Aguero said:
M24 Citizen said:

Didn't say he had been but their title aspirations would significantly increase with 3 top strikers to rotate
Rotate?

Neither Suarez or Sturridge will be happy being rotated after this season and Costa won't go anywhere unless he is guaranteed to be a starting striker for a team in the CL surely?

He was on top of the world in the summer, but looked a shadow of the player that starred in the Under 21 tournament when he came on as a sub against Shalke.

Real was such a poor move for him, and this isn't with the benefit of hindsight. Real were always going to go after Bale, competition was always going to be fierce at the Bernabeu.

By all accounts, Florentino Perez wasn't even convinced by him prior to the under 21 tournament. But, given his performances in the tournament, and the Spanish public sitting up and taking notice that one of their brightest young talents was set to move to England, it encouraged him to act.

That, and, apparently, Zidane personally insisting that they couldn't miss out.

We were the right club at the right time, instead he chose the glamour of Madrid after assurances of playing time from Zidane. And who could blame him, given Zidane's standing. Must have been staggering for him, the flattery.

Still, there was something unconvincing about the whole move. I think he knew it himself, but allowed himself to be convinced otherwise by Real.

He could've followed his "footballing father" to England, played in the same system and formation under which he flourished at Malaga - and while playing regularly.

He could've been a star here. His profile would've sky rocketed, and he would've stood an odds on chance of playing at the World Cup.

Now, that's all been pissed down the drain. A real error of judgement.

I think he likely regrets the choices he made in the summer.

I hope we do sign him in this summer, but it'll be hard to take to him the way we could've had he joined at the beginning of the season. He doesn't appear to be a player of much integrity, from being an "antimadridista" to "being one of the biggest Real Madrid fans when I put on the shirt", and particularly reneging on his word with regards to us and his "footballing father".

I sound like a woman scorned, but I really can't articulate how gutted I was that we didn't get hold of him last summer.

He is a real talent, and it's quite sad in its predictability how his career has stalled at Real.

We should be in for him, if he really wants out in the summer. But fuck me, lad, you really made an error of judgement.

I think it's clear that Madrid never really needed him. The only reason they got him was because he was available and the Spanish flavour on the month. The fact Ancelotti plays a formation that does not include/ suit Isco sums up the situation. The team is built around Ronaldo and with a world record buy in Bale coming in, the team was always going to be built around them two. The problem Isco has is that he is never going to displace them and now he is fighting for a spot with the already accomplished Di Maria and emerging Jese.

The only way I can see him coming here is if Madrid will let him go in a permanent deal. However, I can see them doing to Isco what they did with Sahin and loan him out to a top club on the off chance he reaches his potential. Either that or put in a daft buy back clause which means he won't end up at an 'elite' club.

To be fair though if the lad does leave permanently the only club I can see him coming to is us. The Pellegrini factor is key and also he knows that we value him highly. We wanted him last year and by going for him again shows that we really value him.

Also if he does become available I do think the board would pull out all the stops to sign him. A player who Pellegrini clearly wants and has huge potential.

2hfro7q.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EciMesBeNDs[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.