Isco

Mike N said:
@BluePhil8 said:
I'm not worried by the new "development" that Madrid have agreed a fee.

Isco said himself that both City and Madrid have made concrete offers so I'm sure our bid has been accepted as well.

I'm still reasonably confident.

However, if he does go to Madrid, we have been made to look like fools again. Eto'o, Sanchez, Hazard, Cavani. We spend months trying to tie up these deals and then end up missing out at the last minute. I know it's difficult signing world class players because everyone wants them, but I would have thought that City would gauge a players playing preference before embarking on a 6 month transfer saga.

How the hell do we 'look fools again'? He's chosen Real over City! We all need to remember we are not Real or Barca or United. It will take a long time to get anywhere near them.

If he doesnt come, move on.

Why waste months trying to sign him if he wants to go to Madrid?

You have to take into account the will of a player, if he has made it clear that Madrid are his preference , we should have just backed down. Now, we have to endure a summer of ridicule as Cavani and Isco have both "snubbed" us.

mcfc2607 said:
bennyblue said:
mcfc2607 said:
stop posting fucking odds. how many times have people told posters that do, it doesnt mean anything except more people are putting money on madrid after this morning reports. THATS ALL.

When a bookie suspends betting pal sit up and take notice
what like betfred did. ok

when there has been no positive news about his imminent arrival to us in the last 48hrs and this is meant to be concluded by sunday and all the news and reports point to real then yeah most bookies will back off, i want the deal to happen like all blues but being realistic at the moment bar us having agreed a deal with malaga nothing else appears in our favour

The best thing about this thread is how the rags end up surfacing. A few will end up on the ignore list for sure. Daft bastards, get over Ronaldo not wearing red too. He knocked you out the CL and hasn't played for you for 3 years yet you still bow to him. Remember the slave comment he made...

@BluePhil8 said:
However, if he does go to Madrid, we have been made to look like fools again. Eto'o, Sanchez, Hazard, Cavani. We spend months trying to tie up these deals and then end up missing out at the last minute. I know it's difficult signing world class players because everyone wants them, but I would have thought that City would gauge a players playing preference before embarking on a 6 month transfer saga.

Think that's quite a harsh statement really. We've refused to pay the money for Cavani which I think is right. Doesn't really make us look like fools. Sanchez it seemed simply chose Barca over us which you probably cannot argue with. Eto'o, again we again made the decision to pull out but went on to sign Tevez.

I think it's hard to know fully what goes on behind the scenes so it's harsh to go and say we've failed to sign big players. We could have been up against other teams when we got Silva, Aguero and Yaya for example.

@BluePhil8 said:
Mike N said:
@BluePhil8 said:
I'm not worried by the new "development" that Madrid have agreed a fee.

Isco said himself that both City and Madrid have made concrete offers so I'm sure our bid has been accepted as well.

I'm still reasonably confident.

How the hell do we 'look fools again'? He's chosen Real over City! We all need to remember we are not Real or Barca or United. It will take a long time to get anywhere near them.

If he doesnt come, move on.

Why waste months trying to sign him if he wants to go to Madrid?

You have to take into account the will of a player, if he has made it clear that Madrid are his preference , we should have just backed down. Now, we have to endure a summer of ridicule as Cavani and Isco have both "snubbed" us.

Too true.

There's gonna be no point chasing a player whose made his intentions clear.

Why should we want a player who has stated he wants to play elsewhere?

Pull out, look elsewhere...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.