Isco

Daz_Blue said:
@City_Watch MCFC backed off paying the full release clause, Isco was set to sign with MCFC and RMA intervened.

We must be so scared of FFP ..... finally hitting us, Platini must be throwing celebratory high fives right now ....

Can't be right if reports are true about the amount of money we were gonna spend on Cavani...

Daz_Blue said:
Hihosilva said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Not a chance we have a remote chance of signing bale.

Why not?

Because Madrid want him and we cannot compete with Madrid ....

wrong mentality. we are man city...we compete with whoever we want. we're not everyones '2nd' club anymore.. we're at the top table with every right to be there..

if we don't get him it sucks yeah.. but don't think we can't compete.

MCFC BOB said:
It's a shame not to get Isco - if the reports are true - but if it means we get Reus, Jovetic or Di Maria then it's not exactly the end of the world.

I think we intended to sign Isco to play on the left where we're really weak (only Sinclair plays on that side) so if we're looking at replacements, Reus would be the best choice of those three. Jovetic is a striker now for Fiorentina and Di Maria plays on the right for Real Madrid despite being a left footer. Reus is a natural on the left but could be even harder to get than Isco. Maybe we will just take a punt on someone like Bernard, a less prolific talent who we can probably sign easily.

If it was a done deal,would it not of been a lot easier for isco to just come out with summat along the lines of"yes,I'm signing for Madrid,I'm going away with my pals to chill out,now can everyone fuckoff questioning me...you have the answer"

Not a done deal IMO.

MCFC BOB said:
It's a shame not to get Isco - if the reports are true - but if it means we get Reus, Jovetic or Di Maria then it's not exactly the end of the world.

I think we will most likely end up with Di Maria and Jovetic.

LoveCity said:
It's being suggested that trying to haggle down the transfer fee cost us Isco. If this is true, I'm fookin' furious after we spent £30m on Fernandinho (who is awesome but not a future potential Ballon d'Or candidate). We will hopefully learn a lesson from this deal to be swift and decisive in the market when going for an elite talent.

I don't think it can be considered 'flapping' anymore to think we have missed out - it's burying head in sand to ignore the evidence. It all started from one radio station but now every other media source in Spain is reporting it with their own sources, including non-gossipy papers.

We really shouldn't be needing to learn that lesson and our Spanish management should know how Real roll.

Easy to say from the outside but I dothink we should have triggered the release clause and got this boy signed as soon as the Spanish season ended.

if the bits of whats coming out of spain are true...the only positive i can take from it is...at least he wont be playing for another english club and made them a better outfit.....gutted

There's no news other than this morning's Marca and AS claims of Madrid reaching an agreement with Malaga prompting the usual bandwagon as media outlets copy their stories and embellishing them a little

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.