Isco

Re: Isco (Part 7 (Saturday saga part 2))

Regardless of where the chips fall, some people could probably do a better job of protecting themselves from transfers like these. I'm sure it's been said, but at the end of the day we're in a transfer tug-of-war with Real Madrid over a young Spanish starlet. It doesn't matter how many ITK reports, father-figure quotes, or Madrid depth charts you look at... you have to protect yourself for the possibility that the kid will choose Madrid. Doesn't mean you can't climb to new dizzying heights while dreaming. Just take a moment to tie a safety line in case it all goes wrong.

Reserving a small bit of hope till he holds up another shirt, but there's definitely a sense that the air just got sucked out of the room. So it goes.

At least we've signed the son of God.

andrewmswift said:
if he signs for us i hope some of the worst flappers get a ban from the transfer forum

reading that marca article there isn't one word about isco deciding on madrid, it's just madrid and malaga coming to terms which we surely have or will as well.

it's up to the player, some pathetic flapping and whining and dramatic embarrassments in here
True. But you can understand the panic.

When Real Madrid agree to a fee, the player ends up going there 99% of the time. I don't think there would be the same level of panic if it were Monaco or PSG we were up against.

Isco's full quote from a few years ago:

"I'm somewhat anti-Madridista, I've never like Madrid. They are arrogant. Without humility you get nowhere."

BNY3DmTCMAIzgw3.jpg

LoveCity said:

"I'm somewhat anti-Madridista, I've never like Madrid. They are arrogant. Without humility you get nowhere."

BNY3DmTCMAIzgw3.jpg

If the guy is smart, he will not go to Madrid. What he said was spot-on though

the way I see it is we have one very big ace up our sleeve in the shape of a certain manuel pellegrini....
Madrid at this moment havn`t even got a sleeve to put a card up....
I`d say that makes us very big favourites imo....

LoveCity said:

BNY3DmTCMAIzgw3.jpg

haha, i bet he is dreading the madridista's getting hold of that...

to be honest though i think it is his fathers persuasion for him to go to madrid.

Isco's Disco-biscuits said:
Dribble said:
Isco's Disco-biscuits said:
what's the clarkie badge about? i'm newish to this forum
Off topic..... What you gonna do with your username if heavens forbid we don't get Isco?

You haven't had an Isco tattoo done have you? :-)

I've tattoo, but it's on my hoop so only the bird can see ;P

I guess I will have to make a change. Tbh i thought this deal was going to be done weeks ago, and I wish it had, given how he performed at the u-21's. It raised his profile no end and has resulted in those Madrid scobes circling like hungry sharks
Whatever will be, will be mate. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about pre U21's Championship, but after that tournament I can see the potentential.

I'll be gutted if we don't get him, but if we don't, as always we'll just move on to plan b (not the singer) lol. Welcome to the Blue Murder forum by the way. :-)

Can i ask a serious question here Rammy....Are you from Ramsbottom or living there ?

Born and bred in Rammy, had to move because of work. My heart will always be Rammy and I try to get there a couple of times a year to go over old stamping grounds with a select few (pub crawl to the rest of you).

On Isco I have tried to put myself in his position difficult for a Rammy lad trying to think about a lad from Spain. But I suppose the above may have some bearing on my thoughts.

His life has been very much interconnected to Pellegini who has through his teaching if you will has enabled a young man with an abundance of skill to reach almost the pinnacle of a footballing career. But in my opinion he isn't there yet. He knows Pellegrini only has a three year contract with us (could get extended) He has the chance to cash in all his chips and take full advantage of playing for one of the two supreme football clubs in Spain and probably world football. Does he cash in or do he stick with his mentor until he has established himself in the full Spanish Squad. Three years to a youngster may seem an eternity but maybe if he trusts Pellegrini enough he might see this as an opportunity to go abroad, widen his horizons and even in three years will only be 24. By then his training will be over and if we part company with Pellegrini Isco may see that as the perfect time to part company to and if Real Madrid then come knocking get the opportunity of realising all his dreams. All he needs is to ensure that Malaga get a fair price and that his agent (father) is well rewarded.

If he does want City to carry on his education, he gets to be with his friend David Silva, his Mentor and a whole host of people who will endeavour to make sure his talents are recognised outside of this country. IMO I beleive he will choose City but with the proviso that Malaga get the same deal as Madrid have offered and that any financial package would ensure his real dad gets a similar financial award to. If I am wrong about this and he goes to RM I wish him well.

hate madrid. they think they can buy who they like and do what they like and get away with it. if this so called pact between us and them exists and that they have intercepted our negotiations for isco then thats bang out of order. never liked them, never will

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.