Isco

Re: Isco (Part 7 (Saturday saga part 2))

Robbo. said:
SilvaLining said:
Question: Would we be in for Isco if Pellergrini wasn't our manager?

why does it matter?

My only concern would be, as others have suggested, if he is ONLY coming to us,or even MAINLY coming to us because of Pellegrini. I believe there are a host of reasons as to why he SHOULD choose us over RM, however he's a young lad whose real father obviously has a lot of influence and the signs seem to point to his father leaning him towards RM. Strikes me that he's trying to balance that, along with the prestige that RM hold and we unfortunately do not yet have, with coming to play for us where his footballing father is. I would much rather a player go where they feel they will be happiest, not where the person they respect and admire is. Exactly the same as going to the same uni as a sixth form girlfriend. Always ends in tears if the girlfriend decides to leave. What if that happens with Pellegrini? I'll bet you anything the sunny shores of Spain look a lot more persuasive then.

SilvaLining said:
Robbo. said:
SilvaLining said:

why does it matter?

My only concern would be, as others have suggested, if he is ONLY coming to us,or even MAINLY coming to us because of Pellegrini. I believe there are a host of reasons as to why he SHOULD choose us over RM, however he's a young lad whose real father obviously has a lot of influence and the signs seem to point to his father leaning him towards RM. Strikes me that he's trying to balance that, along with the prestige that RM hold and we unfortunately do not yet have, with coming to play for us where his footballing father is. I would much rather a player go where they feel they will be happiest, not where the person they respect and admire is. Exactly the same as going to the same uni as a sixth form girlfriend. Always ends in tears if the girlfriend decides to leave. What if that happens with Pellegrini? I'll bet you anything the sunny shores of Spain look a lot more persuasive then.
It worked for me, that girl is my wife. Best decision ever made!

malg said:
cookster said:
malg said:
OK. If we don't get Isco, and with Cavani dead in the water, will our new head of 'getting players in' be a failure? We'll end up with the same as last season - a winger and a midfielder, albeit upgrades on Sinclair and Garcia.

I'm not panicking, but if we don't get Isco then someone is going to have to carry the can. It's just a question that will need to be asked, especially as the club have put so much emphasis on learning from the mistakes of last seasons disastrous transfer window.

Carry the can? It's a direct choice between us or Madrid for Isco, his choice!

F@cking blame culture in this country is embarrassing.
I get your point, but if you're brought in to fix a perceived problem and the problem persists then something needs to be done. I agree that if it's a straight choice between us and Real, then there's not much that can be done - but the question needs to be asked.

Oh, and saying 'blame culture' is a bit of a cop out. People are being paid very, very high wages to deliver, and if they don't deliver then it's only fair to ask why.

Why the fuck does someone have to 'carry the can' ? Just so spoilt little boys can stamp their feet & scream because their new toy didn't arrive ?

What the fuck has it got to do with Txiki's wages if Isco decides to sign for Real Madrid ?

It's the decision of the player. If he decides to stay in his native country, close to friends & family, & play for the biggest club in the world, it's hardly a fucking shock is it ?

What would you do if you were Spanish ?

If he signs for us, our people have played a fucking blinder.

Plain Speaking said:
SilvaLining said:
Robbo. said:
why does it matter?

It worked for me, that girl is my wife. Best decision ever made!

Me too! So far, so good anyway.

SilvaLining said:
Robbo. said:
SilvaLining said:

why does it matter?

As long as he comes, that's the main thing. Most players go to clubs based on its prestige & standing, the chance of winning trophies there, the wages on offer & then because 'It's always been my dream ever since I was a child to play here'! Lol

Who knows what to believe anymore. Chill out,
go for a walk, wash the car, and take your eyes
away from the computer screen for a few hours.
I know it's difficult, but it's possible.

Oh well, just have to settle for a midfield of:

Yaya, Silva, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Garcia, Milner, Barry, Navas, Nasri and Razak

Best midfield in the Premiership.

Isco was just a young footballer with the potential to be the very best, but seems he's decided to join Real Madrid. If that's confirmed we move on to a forward, not another midfielder like Reus or Mata which some have suggested.

Playing devil's advocate...is Thiago holding out to come to City?

How bizarre would that be?

What did that message say on the ball?

Marvin said:

Yaya, Silva, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Garcia, Milner, Barry, Navas, Nasri and Razak

Isco was just a young footballer with the potential to be the very best, but seems he's decided to join Real Madrid. If that's confirmed we move on to a forward, not another midfielder like Reus or Mata which some have suggested.
Reus isn't a midfielder.

Marvin said:

God give me strength

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.