Isco

i said earlier i'd prefer to sign Barkley, and i would....however i can help thinking bringing in more midfielders of this type will just stifle the progress and opportunities for the likes of lopes, huws, zucculini etc, id rather see them get a chance first.

dachoosen1 said:
We shouldn't have signed Willy and Sagna both are excellent signings but I think second choice Rb and Gk are spots we could have given to HG players Chambers and Ruddy would have been solid choices in my opinion.

I would not be surprised if our second choice GK this coming season IS HG.

pudge said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
George Hannah said:
doesn't work

Why doesn't it work?
Nastasic doesn't have to be registered as a foreign player.

But he is expendable and would raise the funds we need for an Isco type. I think people are too worried about the squad registration. Simply don't register Negredo for the group stage, sell Garcia and Nastastic (and the other deadwood) and bring in Isco. We can take a look at the squad in December/January and decide who NOT to register for the knockouts (could easily have another long term injury at that point).

littlemarkyc said:
i said earlier i'd prefer to sign Barkley, and i would....however i can help thinking bringing in more midfielders of this type will just stifle the progress and opportunities for the likes of lopes, huws, zucculini etc, id rather see them get a chance first.

I don't worry too much about that. Silva is 29 at the end of this season. Nasri will be 28 or so. Navas and Milner both around the same age. Bringing in a sure thing like Isco at 22 and then loaning Lopes out for a second season this time with an English top level club starts building the foundation for the natural turnover we will be making over the next few years with our attacking mids.

opus_G. said:
Traveling madridista that came across your forum....good reads.. Where are you guys getting your information regarding Isco leaving or going on loan...no chat from any of the RMadrid supporters and in fact he has reiterated his desire to stay at the club

I think you are right, I don't think there is any realistic chance of us signing Isco, especially this transfer window

BlueDeadHead said:
littlemarkyc said:

I don't worry too much about that. Silva is 29 at the end of this season. Nasri will be 28 or so. Navas and Milner both around the same age. Bringing in a sure thing like Isco at 22 and then loaning Lopes out for a second season this time with an English top level club starts building the foundation for the natural turnover we will be making over the next few years with our attacking mids.

Plus Zuc and Huws are deep-lying CMs

I've been thinking about this over the last few days, and my gut feeling is that IF we sign Isco, we will let Jovetic go.

The logic is pretty simple, Isco was the player we went after before getting Jovetic in the first place after Isco went to Madrid. If 12 months later Pellegrini/Txiki can have their first pick, then they may just take it if Jovetic has got takers, which he seemingly has.

I'm not saying that Jovetic isn't good enough to be in our team, not by a long stretch. But ultimately he came to us with a poor injury record and then proceeded to spend a lot of the season injured. Easy to make the argument that if both deals can happen without falling foul of FFP, then we should do them.

EDIT.

Nevermind. Literally just seen Pellegrini's quotes about Jovetic! :)

BringBackSwales said:
opus_G. said:
Traveling madridista that came across your forum....good reads.. Where are you guys getting your information regarding Isco leaving or going on loan...no chat from any of the RMadrid supporters and in fact he has reiterated his desire to stay at the club

I think you are right, I don't think there is any realistic chance of us signing Isco, especially this transfer window
So this thread ....is much to do about nothing?

SkyBet have odds of 4/5 that City sign Isco from Madrid this window. I’m not a betting man, but that would seem to indicate a degree of confidence at the bookies?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.