Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City are very close to signing playmaker Isco (24) from Real Madrid this summer. [Mundo Deportivo]

Isco has rejected a new contract offer from Madrid and has several options, but City's is the most lucrative right now. [Mundo Deportivo]

City believe Isco can be a major star in the Premier League and have been looking for a player of his style. [Mundo Deportivo]

Isco has one year left on his contract and would be available at a decent price. This would be a great purchase. He can play practically anywhere in midfield and on the wing. He's not the best winger but is definitely an improvement on Navas, Nolito. After Sane and Sterling the drop off in quality we have in those positions is very big. Also an injury to Silva or KDB and we have no back up for them. Both KDB and Silva have played a lot of games this season, and if one them doesn't play ,we have no creativity in midfield as seen vs Huddersfield. Personally think Silva is playing too much, he is such an important player for us and should be rested here and there, an injury to him and we are not the same team. Silva is 32 next year and we should slowly begin the transition. I would like him to retire at City but he has spoken about finishing his career at Las palmas when his contract ends in 2019. For the price Isco will be available for, we should just buy him and worry about game time later, I'm sure he'll play more than at Real. Would be much better buying him and spending the rest on defense than spending 70m on Bernardo Silva.

Nope. Would made more sense if Pellegrini was still in charge, Bernardo Silva would be the better bet for this stage and especially if Aguero is part of the deal either.

I disagree, Bernardo Silva has a reported €70 mill buyout clause and let's face it Monaco held out for big money on the previous 2 stars they sold (James and Martial). I see Isco as a €30 mill buy in the circumstances.

I disagree, Bernardo Silva has a reported €70 mill buyout clause and let's face it Monaco held out for big money on the previous 2 stars they sold (James and Martial). I see Isco as a €30 mill buy in the circumstances.

If we can get Isco at that price or lower then why not(there are other areas that need addressing first), but Bernardo Silva does looks like the real deal.

If we can get Isco at that price or lower then why not(there are other areas that need addressing first), but Bernardo Silva does looks like the real deal.
If he's not playing and unhappy with a year left on his contract I wouldn't be too happy handing Madrid a profit on their original transfer fee, regardless of what's happened to the market. This is the second time they've fucked him over after promising him more game time to stay and they're playing Ansensio ahead of him a fair bit as well now, he should be pushing like fuck for a move and making sure we get him for €20m or less, preferably less.

Manchester City are very close to signing playmaker Isco (24) from Real Madrid this summer. [Mundo Deportivo]

Isco has rejected a new contract offer from Madrid and has several options, but City's is the most lucrative right now. [Mundo Deportivo]

City believe Isco can be a major star in the Premier League and have been looking for a player of his style. [Mundo Deportivo]

Isco has one year left on his contract and would be available at a decent price. This would be a great purchase. He can play practically anywhere in midfield and on the wing. He's not the best winger but is definitely an improvement on Navas, Nolito. After Sane and Sterling the drop off in quality we have in those positions is very big. Also an injury to Silva or KDB and we have no back up for them. Both KDB and Silva have played a lot of games this season, and if one them doesn't play ,we have no creativity in midfield as seen vs Huddersfield. Personally think Silva is playing too much, he is such an important player for us and should be rested here and there, an injury to him and we are not the same team. Silva is 32 next year and we should slowly begin the transition. I would like him to retire at City but he has spoken about finishing his career at Las palmas when his contract ends in 2019. For the price Isco will be available for, we should just buy him and worry about game time later, I'm sure he'll play more than at Real. Would be much better buying him and spending the rest on defense than spending 70m on Bernardo Silva.

Good assessment. I'd be happy with either but happier with Bernardo. Fingers crossed that Monaco hold onto him for another year. In a vacuum I'd pay the premium for Bernardo bc it blocks the move to a Pl team. I think there's a ton of value in factoring that in. I was one of the biggest Kante supporters last summer bc I knew how much he'd improve our rivals and he's proven he isn't a fluke like mahrez and vardy.

The rags will be back into form in a couple years and I'd hate to see our dave clone over there.

If he's not playing and unhappy with a year left on his contract I wouldn't be too happy handing Madrid a profit on their original transfer fee, regardless of what's happened to the market. This is the second time they've fucked him over after promising him more game time to stay and they're playing Ansensio ahead of him a fair bit as well now, he should be pushing like fuck for a move and making sure we get him for €20m or less, preferably less.

It is the case of persuading Real for that fee but they do have habit of selling their un-wanted and players who have only a year left (Ozil one of the most recent) stars for very good fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.