Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think isco will be disappointed he let his dad control negotiations back when initially linked with us. Dont think he turned his back on us but was badly advised

HIs Dad' is a greddy c*nt, was more interested in lining his own pockets than what was best for his son, He'll likely thinks its another opportunity to fill his pockets so no thanks. If he can't nail down a regular first team place at Madrid then he's not good enough for us

Funny enough I think KDB would be the one to be in competition with Isco more than Silva, should Isco sign. Put KDB where he truly loves to play and you have in your hands, England's king of the final ball. He's still playing very well in this new role though. All in all, I think taking advantage of the Isco situation is the prudent thing to do.

Bernardo Silva looks better on the eye as he's so wavy..But other than that mazy run when he nutmegged Yaya and put Falcao through,he never really 'affected' the match,the game bypassed him tbh,and his fitness levels need some work..Was shattered after 60 mins.Rather Isco who imo has a better end product and has played at a higher level,and for half of Silva's price.

Bernardo Silva looks better on the eye as he's so wavy..But other than that mazy run when he nutmegged Yaya and put Falcao through,he never really 'affected' the match,the game bypassed him tbh,and his fitness levels need some work..Was shattered after 60 mins.Rather Isco who imo has a better end product and has played at a higher level,and for half of Silva's price.

He never waved to us FOCs in CBL3, even though we waved to him with both fingers.

I definitely agree Isco is the right play if it's the isco+defense or Bernardo+less defense scenario. Actually I was being a little biased myself haha. I've never understood why everyone is so fixated with him but that's just me. I'll gladly have him if he wants to fight for his place, at least for another year with Dave. We also need quality outside of our best 11. The likes of Navas, Nolito, and Delph just won't cut it. That injury to KDB devastated us last year and I'm paranoid something is gonna happen to dave...right when everything is starting to click for us.

I admit that this is a petty POV...but it's slightly annoying buying a 'cast off' from Real/Barca...as if his quality isn't good enough there but it is here.

Midfield is area we definitely need to strengthen this summer.

I wouldn't exactly say his quality isn't good enough for Real, just that they have trouble fitting him in. Real's first choice midfield is Kroos-Modric-Casemiro. Kroos and Modric are two of the best midfielders in the world and would walk into any team. Casemiro plays behind them and is a better DM than Isco. When Ronaldo or Bale aren't playing L. Vazquez or James are usually preferred on the wings although Isco has played quite a few games there this season. Real want him to stay but Isco wants to leave. I understand him because IMO he's not treated fairly there. Even when he is performing at his best he can't get a run in the team. In January he was MoM against Granada (bottom of the league but still) and scored 2 goals in the 5-0 win. He doesn't get another start for about 3 weeks and is played on the wing in a 2-2 draw vs Celtic Vigo. His next start is 2 weeks after away against Osasuna where Real win 3-1 and he scores the winning goal. Next game is against Napoli in the CL were he is benched again. 3 days after the Napoli game he starts against Espanyol in the 2-0 home win where he again puts in a MoM performance delivering 2 assists. Next game away at Valencia he is benched again where Real lose 2-1. Isco is frustrated because he's probably thinking whatever I do is not going to be good enough. At City, I imagine we would tell him that he'll get plenty of game time and that he is a big part of our future plans/we see him as the heir to Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.