Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the case of persuading Real for that fee but they do have habit of selling their un-wanted and players who have only a year left (Ozil one of the most recent) stars for very good fees.
Özil wasn't desperate to leave and had played nearly every game the previous year, Arsenal were desperate to get him. Isco (apparently) is desperate to leave, is barely playing and we don't have any desperate need of him. Entirely different scenario.

Özil wasn't desperate to leave and had played nearly every game the previous year, Arsenal were desperate to get him. Isco (apparently) is desperate to leave, is barely playing and we don't have any desperate need of him. Entirely different scenario.

Aye you right mate and the Isco deal seems the more sensible deal.

Good assessment. I'd be happy with either but happier with Bernardo. Fingers crossed that Monaco hold onto him for another year. In a vacuum I'd pay the premium for Bernardo bc it blocks the move to a Pl team. I think there's a ton of value in factoring that in. I was one of the biggest Kante supporters last summer bc I knew how much he'd improve our rivals and he's proven he isn't a fluke like mahrez and vardy.

The rags will be back into form in a couple years and I'd hate to see our dave clone over there.

Good point. Kante has been the difference at Chelsea. Its also likely if Bernardo leaves this summer he'll go to a PL team as Barca, Real, Bayern, etc don't really need him. I've always been an Isco fan so I might be a little biased here. Can't comment too much on Bernardo as I've barely seen him play but 70m is still a little steep. If he has the potential to be as good as Silva the fee might be worth it but it is debatable due to our budget. If our budget is 200-250m, I still think the money would be better used buying quality defenders and a goalkeeper. That would take us to the next level IMO and would also cancel out Bernardo going to a rival. Would rather have for example Isco plus Laporte/Van Dijk for 70m than just Bernardo.

fuck isco he had his chance, it looked done and dusted, then he turned his back on us.

Good point. Kante has been the difference at Chelsea. Its also likely if Bernardo leaves this summer he'll go to a PL team as Barca, Real, Bayern, etc don't really need him. I've always been an Isco fan so I might be a little biased here. Can't comment too much on Bernardo as I've barely seen him play but 70m is still a little steep. If he has the potential to be as good as Silva the fee might be worth it but it is debatable due to our budget. If our budget is 200-250m, I still think the money would be better used buying quality defenders and a goalkeeper. That would take us to the next level IMO and would also cancel out Bernardo going to a rival. Would rather have for example Isco plus Laporte/Van Dijk for 70m than just Bernardo.

I definitely agree Isco is the right play if it's the isco+defense or Bernardo+less defense scenario. Actually I was being a little biased myself haha. I've never understood why everyone is so fixated with him but that's just me. I'll gladly have him if he wants to fight for his place, at least for another year with Dave. We also need quality outside of our best 11. The likes of Navas, Nolito, and Delph just won't cut it. That injury to KDB devastated us last year and I'm paranoid something is gonna happen to dave...right when everything is starting to click for us.

I admit that this is a petty POV...but it's slightly annoying buying a 'cast off' from Real/Barca...as if his quality isn't good enough there but it is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.