laporte
dinho
silva
de bruyne
isco
sane
jesus
aguero

if we went full attacking mode with 3 at the back and obviously signed the players in there! ;-) would it work?

Who would you drop?...not a dig,genuine question,just interested

We've a lot of football these days and I'd rotate him with Kev & Silva, playing a different two out of the three every week.

Lets be honest, Dave is getting to an age where we have to look after him, and Kev doesn't seem to have the greatest fitness levels so could use a little help and resting here and there, and that's before any injuries.

Plus with Yaya going and possibly Fernandinho(unless he extends soon) we're going to be a man light in that role and some think Isco can do a job there too. There'll be plenty of football for him.

I think Yaya deserves to stay on merit for his performances this season, and besides, depth is vital.

We're also likely to keep Fernando, though he'll only play sparingly.

There's no way we'll keep Yaya at his age and on the money he is on. If he takes a big pay cut, perhaps but I just can't see that happening. I think Fernandinho is offski's too, but I think Fernando will be kept purely to keep someone around for Jesus that doesn't mind being a bench player...that is of course assuming no other Brazilian is signed.

We've a lot of football these days and I'd rotate him with Kev & Silva, playing a different two out of the three every week.

Lets be honest, Dave is getting to an age where we have to look after him, and Kev doesn't seem to have the greatest fitness levels so could use a little help and resting here and there, and that's before any injuries.

Plus with Yaya going and possibly Fernandinho(unless he extends soon) we're going to be a man light in that role and some think Isco can do a job there too. There'll be plenty of football for him.

Yeah,that's fair enough

You've forgotten Gundogan? He was Peps first signing here, it's safe to assume he's in his plans and will play a lot when fit.

Disagree about De Bruyne's fitness levels as well. He runs further than anyone else on the team, and plays 50 games a year.

And why would Fernandinho go when Pep clearly loves him and he's got another year left on his contract?

I like Isco, just think your reasons are all wrong.

You've forgotten Gundogan? He was Peps first signing here, it's safe to assume he's in his plans and will play a lot when fit.

Disagree about De Bruyne's fitness levels as well. He runs further than anyone else on the team, and plays 50 games a year.

And why would Fernandinho go when Pep clearly loves him and he's got another year left on his contract?

I like Isco, just think your reasons are all wrong.

I haven't forgotten him, but I think it was always him or Yaya, and with Yaya going it'll be his slot deep with Garcia deputizing, so if Isco came in he could easily serve as a deputy in that spot too.

I agree on Kev, but there's definitely games where he clearly needs a rest, especially in cases where it's 2 games per week.

I just have a feeling we'll be cashing in on Fernandinho, it's something we've failed to do on most players at this stage of their career, and his engine won't last forever. Pep will want a lot of players and I think if he can get 20 mil for him he'll allow him to go. I could well be wrong.

I think Yaya deserves to stay on merit for his performances this season, and besides, depth is vital.

We're also likely to keep Fernando, though he'll only play sparingly.
Good players sometimes live. Better if those good players are older and are of the highest risk of an age induced form drop.

I see no reason to pickup any of the ending Contracts. All are past 30 and all have shown significant decline due to aging. Including Yaya.

The only player who hasn't has been Willy Caballero. Sadly I think resigning him is a risk if Bravo doesn't regain top keeper form. Best to sign a younger top keeper. All the others, Yaya, Clichy, Sagna, Sab and Navas have all shown decline.

Get younger better players. Isco might not be as good as the historical Yaya, but he is better than the present one. And will be further better than the future one.

So no to Yaya resigning for me.

I haven't forgotten him, but I think it was always him or Yaya, and with Yaya going it'll be his slot deep with Garcia deputizing, so if Isco came in he could easily serve as a deputy in that spot too.

I agree on Kev, but there's definitely games where he clearly needs a rest, especially in cases where it's 2 games per week.

I just have a feeling we'll be cashing in on Fernandinho, it's something we've failed to do on most players at this stage of their career, and his engine won't last forever. Pep will want a lot of players and I think if he can get 20 mil for him he'll allow him to go. I could well be wrong.
We can't cash in on Fernanidhno. The guy is going to be 32 with 1 year left on his contract. So he definitely is here next year and if he doesn't drop significantly due to age he'll become the utility backup role player.

We are not going to be making any money on Dihno I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.